1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bitfenix Fury 650w unboxing by MetallicAcid

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MetallicAcid, 20 Jul 2014.

1. MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid What's a Dremel?

Bitfenix Fury 650w Unboxing

[​IMG]

Hello and welcome once again to another unboxing by MetallicAcid Customs PCs. My name is Justin, and today we will be taking a look at the Fury 650w PSU from Bitfenix. This PSU boasts 80+ Gold rating, nice individually sleeved cables from the factory, and a smart semi-modular cable design.

Packaging:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The packaging consists of a coloured box with images of the PSU and it's cables, and the energy ratings on the back. Upon opening the box we see that the PSU and the cables are protected with a generous amount of soft grey foam.

The sleeved cables:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These cables are something else guys. As far as I know, Bitfenix has done an industry first and sleeved their cables to match todays trend. This is a real time and money saver for anyone who is considering giving their PC the most popular make-over. The sleeving is their patented Nano-weave, the same found on their Alchemy cable extensions. The number of cables and cable lengths are found below:

Fixed Cable
    ATX connector (590mm) 20+4 pin
    Modular Cables
    8 pin EPS12V (650mm) / 4+4 pin EPS12V(+150mm) x1
    6+2 pin PCIe (600mm) x4
    SATA (600mm+100mm) x6
    SATA (600mm+100mm+100mm+100mm) x4
    4 pin Molex (400mm+150mm+150mm) x3
    4 pin Molex (500mm+150mm) x2
    SATA (650mm) / 4 pin Molex (+150mm) x1
    FDD (+150mm) x1

The PSU:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The conclusion:

The PSU itself is very nice. It feels solid. The PSU has a nice paintjob which is scratch tolerant. The Bitfenix logo is found on the fan grill, which is made from aluminium. On the opposite side there is a big Bitfenix logo with a silver ring. I am not so particularly thrilled about the massive logo being visible in my case, but I am sure that there are other readers who would love it!

My conclusion is that this is a solid PSU with nice features. It has a nice price tag to boot, and will save you time - money and frustration if you were looking to do the sleeving work yourself. This is a product that I can definitely recommend.

Pros:
    Individually sleeved cables
    Generous lengths and variety of cables
    Gold rating even on 650w

Cons:
    Embossed logo on top maybe not to everyones tastes

Best regards,
    Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen