1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - Complete Bitfenix ["Inspired by Nature"] Final pictures!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Ianovski, 6 Jul 2014.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I like where you are going, but there's some stuff bothering me...
    The power supply blocking the front fan, and the dead spot behind the ports.
    [​IMG]
    What if you moved the psu so it was under the mobo like this, with the fan out? You could also chop the top of the case. Like this, you can run the bamboo over the psu in a curve, hide the wires, and the fancy top would decorate the back.:D

(It would give you room for a radiator too.:worried:)

2. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

I do love the thoughts of a radiator haha. Who knows that will happen. I'm not so sure about the drawing tho.. I think it's kinda ok the way it is now, well at least I'm happy with it haha. But thanks for the ideas and if I run into problems I sure will keep an eye on this.

3. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update

Helllo fellow modders. Let me drop an update here for you. This time I got a painted mobo, more bamboo and lights! And last but not least, some preparation for painting the case.

Let's start with the mobo. The heatsinks, as you know, were blue. Since blue is a color I don't like in this case, I decided to paint them antracite (if that's how you write it). So pulled them of, sanded them down and painted them. Here are some pictures of the results. I'm very happy with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The blue RAM slots will be filled so I hope this won't be too visible after that. I'm not gonna paint them, that's a bit too advanced for now.

I also got myself more rope. Got 15 meters now so that should be enough haha. It is only 30 cents a meter so.. After braiding it, I found out it's still one bamboo stick too long :wallbash::wallbash:. So since I'm not in the mood to redo it now, I'll do it later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look good right? But that's not all. The bamboo is even more fun with some lights underneath!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And light it up! My own PC is the power source at the moment. Burned my own LED's by accident but at least we have green light now!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And as last. The whole mod is taken apart now so this weekend I'll see if I sawed all the cablemanagement holes etc. After that I'll sand it down and paint it. I'm still thinking about the outside of the case but we'll see.

[​IMG]

That's it for now! Let me know what you think, feedback and tips are welcome as always.

Adios!

4. Hukkel

Hukkel James' minion

Loving the light under the bamboo Ian!

Btw you can easily paint the sata ports as well without having to fear issues with it.

5. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

Thansk Tim. As for the sata ports, they look kinda blue-ish but are actually grey so that's fine.

6. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Update

Since it has almost been two weeks that I updated this for the last time and since that's of course not what we want.. Here's another update!! But without the crazyness, I've been kinda busy lately since I had to move (again) for my new study that starts in september. But next to being very busy painting, moving etc, I have also done a lot of casemodding. I came at this part called "painting the case" and since I have little space to do so, it has been a real pain in the *ss.. I have to paint everything piece by piece. As of we speak there are still 4 pieces hanging to dry and those pieces ar crucial to building up the case so that will come in the next update. But anyway I think I put together a nice update with lots of pictures so sit back and enjoy!

Alright, let's start with the front of the case. I don't think I ever showed you guys what I've been planning to do on that, even though it were the first steps of this mod. The hole in the front used to be a lot smaller, only the top part. But I didn't like this so I changed it to follow the lines of the case better. So after sawing and filing the hole, we made some more bamboo and fitted it behind. I put the logo there more for fun but seems kinda cool so lets see what we can make out of that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alright, and next the painting. The whole inside of the case has been painted antracite, just like the heatsinks on the motherboard. The outside remains black as it was. You will not be able to see the difference very well on the pictures but trust me, it came out pretty decent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here you can maybe see the difference in collor between the inside and outside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another try to show the difference.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And painted the mobo plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Picture of all the parts except for the back of the case and those 4 pieces that are still hanging to dry.
    [​IMG]

More soon! In the next update I'll show you the step by step building progress of this mod and some other stuff, so see you then!

Stay tuned!

Adios!

Ps. My English might be a bit messy today, I'm kinda tired :yawn::yawn:

7. montymole

montymole Rigid Tubist

great work on this so far very much into the feel of the mod and love any wooden PC

8. cucmag

cucmag What's a Dremel?

great work :thumb:
    the motherboard position is original :hehe:
    I love the green light under bambou's bridge

9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Absolutely beautiful use of wood. :thumb:

But I agree with Cheaps that the dead spot behind the mainboard/slots bothers me. Taking that corner off and having the cables come out of the case at a 45° angle would look good, I think. You could even make it look a bit like the roots growing from an orchid.

:eeek: Did I just agree with Cheaps? In writing? Damn.... quickly reference nuts or having wood and mention that it's all Cheaps' fault! Phew, saved.

10. Ianovski

Ianovski Rawr!

I was just looking through my older threads and I came to the shameful realisation that I never actually posted the final shots for this build… The silly thing is, I do have a couple of final pictures and the mod has already been disassembled.

Soooo, long overdue, THE FINAL PICTURES!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

That was it. Final pictures from this mod that started like 5 years ago. Still really satisfied with how it turned out, I just love bamboo. Anyway, let me know what you think and be sure to check out my latest mod: https://forums.bit-tech.net/index.php?threads/zelda-botw-mod-by-ianovski-designs.349409/

I’ll be uploading the final pictures and a video for that one soon!

Cheers!

arduum likes this.