1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Black 360 Controller mod Colour Scheme?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 07SAM70, 5 Mar 2009.

1. 07SAM70

07SAM70 I dont know how they got there

I have a wireless balck 360 controller and i am going to be doing a bit of modding, i'l be putting white led's in to replace the guide button stock green ones and a rapid fire dual kit.

But i thought while im down there, why not give it a custom paint job. But the only problem is im having trouble thinking up colour schemes ive seen a red tiger style one like in cod4 and a white and green camouflage one someone posted on here.

Anybody have any ideas?

Much Appreciated!

2. sixfootsideburns

sixfootsideburns modeteer

i painted my mouse with a fire red paint and then use orange fluorescent paint to get a pretty sick crawling effect. The color difference looks filthy in my book. I was very very pleased with how it came out, especially considering its something i use every day.

if you want some more info PM me and ill try to give you a run down of what i did

3. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

dude post pics of how you opened that 360 controller with out breaking anything
    my needs to be blue LEDs with red triggers :D

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I'll be doing something similar to my ps3, turbo kit, and maybe blue led's

5. 07SAM70

il be posting pics soon, i have installed a rapid fire kit fine, the leds were really fiddly but i managed to do them as well.

Only thing is im new to the painting and i didnt put a finisher on there so its all coming off already il post pics soon.

6. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

cant wait to see it
    what is the rapid fire kit?
    and where did you get it?

7. dan-ere-07

dan-ere-07 What's a Dremel?

ive just made my chip today.
    made my own programer to program my 12f683 chip.
    with 3 modes halo 3 dual fire, cod 4 and cod 5. its very fast on cod 5 and doesnt cap you unless you hold RT while reloading.
    if you want wiring diagrams just ask, cost me £2.50 for the whole thing (£1 for the programer) the chips cost £1.09 each and all you need exept for them is about 5 resistors.

8. 07SAM70

PICS!

Sorry i couldnt show you how i removed the case but basically, i didnt have a security torx screwdriver so i used a small flathead one and it managed to fit in nicely and remove the screws quite easily.

These are pics from just after i completed it, and like i said the paint is now a disaster! lol but im going to do it again and this time properly hopefully :D

The rapid fire kit, i got from Ebay, they come with 2 buttons, 2 resistors, some kynar wire and the chip. the kit was a little over £5 and quite easy to install.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the replies ! :thumb:
    P.S sorry about the quality of pictures!

9. 07SAM70

Basically mate all you need is a security torx t8 screwdriver to be safe, i wouldnt recommend using the flathead screwdriver its a bit fiddly and i almost slipped and scratched my controller a couple of times.

you can get them off ebay for around £3, just make sure it is the security version with the small hole in the middle.

hope this helps.