1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Black Aluminium Case Opinions

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dr PerLine, 18 Sep 2002.

1. Dr PerLine

Dr PerLine What's a Dremel?

Ok, I Think I have found a case sutable for my first big modding project; the Recon Steath Black. However, I can't seem to find any review of it and wondered if anyone has owned one or know of any reviews.

2. Lazy

Lazy Meow?

whats the price difference between that and a lian li as you won't be able to beat the quality of a lian-li or CM :)

3. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

4. m00min

m00min What's a Dremel?

buy lian-li, be original
    :eyebrow:

5. CharlieCat

CharlieCat What's a Dremel?

Surely this is the same case that KustomPC's sells under the unfortunate name of "SunFlower" :hehe:

[​IMG]

Nice enough looking but a bit busy for me at the front IYKWIM.

Personnaly, I like the Lian Li PC86, it's black with a hint of silver.

Cheers, CC

6. [JP]MrLOL

[JP]MrLOL What's a Dremel?

yeah its the same case just pre-modded

if u dont want to customise your case to how u want it, and just really wnat some1 else to make it look different then thats fine

but theres nothing to beat modding it yourself to exactly how u want it :rock:

7. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Actually I think it's Super Flower (as in airflow, not flower as I also originally thought)

I've seen it marketed as Suntek and SamCheer too.

Saw them at a trade show last year, really liked 'em but I was only offered them with a 520Watt PSU option
    (I asked the rep to spec one for a budget hi-performance duron system - he said "Yup, 520Watt will be fine :rolleyes: )

Found 'em since, at a better price with no PSU, so I'm hoping to start building systems in them soon. :)
    I like them a lot, especially the black one - it has a blue LED as standard, 5 or 6 fans and is anodised black, inside and out.

From my brief encounter with it, I would say it's not far off Lian-Li quality, if not a little better.

[Edit] Rusty memory - it was this year, here's a thread I posted over on Ars forum about it
    and here's a review :)

Last edited: 19 Sep 2002
  8. CharlieCat

CharlieCat What's a Dremel?

lol, that makes sense :lol:

Cheers, CC

9. Dr PerLine

Dr PerLine What's a Dremel?

Thanks for your post thus, far I willl have a look at the the Lian Li, but i don't really like the silver bit, I think I'd like a case that was more or less all black.