1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Black Ops: First Strike PC release date announced

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 Mar 2011.

1. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

Don't worry. No-one is playing this any more. So no one will buy it and they will realise that they are a daft bunch of numpties.

If it was released for free, those who have left the game (like me) would install the DLC and start playing again.
    As it is this has convinced me and the rest of my clan to just delete the game. And cancel our server. The remaining servers will empty and no-one encourage their mates to buy it and the game goes in the bargain bin 6 months early. Good market plan!

2. slothy89

slothy89 MicroModder

The reason PC gets the raw end of the deal is all in the numbers.. And is all about the money. A mate of mine showed me some stats about the Market share on Black Ops:
    360: 12,000,000 units sold
    PS3: 9,000,000 units sold
    PC: 1,500,000 units sold

These are approximate numbers, both 360 and PS3 are actually a little higher. PC only makes up about 6-8% of their total sales. Why should they care?

Personally I wont be bothering with this. I will play black ops as it stands until I can no longer play online due to the servers having the new maps. I await Battlefield3 with what little hope I have left.

3. Plugs

Plugs Minimodder

how does paid for dlc work with servers anyway?
    do you get kicked from a server when it comes to play a map you dont own?
    or do you get a very limited list of servers with no dlc maps?

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If the DLC was a fiver, maybe.

Seeing as the ONLY server I ever go on isn't going to support it? Hell no.

I only play Blops when I can get onto a tactical hardcore search and destroy server which bans last stand, hopping, and launchers. Otherwise, its an awful game.

5. dark_avenger

dark_avenger Minimodder

5 maps for the price of a full game on steam?

What planet are they on?

6. pantalaimon

pantalaimon What's a Dremel?

I bought CoD 4 in 2007, and that was OK. But now, nearly 3 and a half years later, I am disgusted to see these morons selling a game for + £10 retail, with £10 in DLC, totalling over £50 for what is essentially the SAME game as the one I bought in 2007!

7. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

This.

8. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

I'm not usually a big fan of DLC, but not all are a waste of time.
    The Borderlands DLC (excepting Underdome Riot) were excellent and well worth the money I spent. The Fallout 3 DLC were very good (even Mothership Zeta). I'm not thrilled with the quality of Dead Money for New Vegas, so I'm holding out for a Steam special on it.
    DLC extra content are often good. Multiplayer map packs are usually not worth the money though. DLC that are extra weapons or vehicles are crap.

9. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Agreed - the infinite war map pack for SupCom 2 is an essential purchase for anyone who enjoyed the full game, lots of new units and very beautifully designed maps.

Also, lets not forget, back in the day, we all used to buy expansion packs for £15! Total Annihilation had The Core Contingency (awesome) and Battle Tactics (rubbish), Red Alert had Aftermath and Counterstrike etc etc.

I'm actually a fan of DLC, if you love a game and just want a bit more from it after a few months of play, its great, but only at the right price given the content!

10. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

Dear Corporate F*cktards,

We (The Cosumer) should not have to buy such expensive Downloadable Content for your games when you have failed to provide, on release and on time patches and updates to core failings within a game.

How do you justify £2 a map when I have already spent £39.99 on a game that has failed the FPS community as a whole?

Yours Sincerly,

Brawl
    God-Emperor of all things right.

---

Not a chance of me buying this waste of time.

Tags: Add Tags