1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Blacksite: Area 51 Preview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 15 Aug 2007.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Ooh! I'm adding this to my "I want" list :D
    Mainly for the co-op. Though the story looks interesting. I hope it doesn't require the same specs as Stranglehold though.. Then it would suck major >.>

3. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

It needs 2 Xbox 360s linked via a gigabit ethernet switch

4. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

or a single PS3 ^^
    Looks good, but it will surely need a beefy computer to enjoy it...pity!

5. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The Demo on live was fun for as long as it lasted, it was a frantic shooter kind of reminded me a touch of RFoM but with a squad, the aliens weren't too smart though and there were frame rate issues, hopefully that will be sorted for release.

6. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

The Co-op sounds good, its always fun playing on the same team as someone else in the room :) if they shoot you in the back, you can go over and punch them

7. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I'm loving the screenies of the big tentacle alien, looks cool, even if slightly lower polygon count that I'd expect.

Ah, memories of Area 51 light-gun game though. Did we ever complete it Joe? I can't honestly remember. No... wait, we did didn't we? The final boss was the spinning alien UFO you had to shoot whilst infinite ground troops spawned everywhere. Ah now that was good fun.

Unlike bloody Ninja Assult, which was simply impossible to beat.

8. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

hmmm this one goes definitely under my radar *_*

seems very interesting! Maybe i can steal MY brother's piggy bank and get this over with quickly while waiting for Crysis....

9. Nature

Nature Minimodder

HL: episode 2 seems to have taken as long as this game's entire development. Shooting aliens isn't exactly a fresh idea, in fact, this better be damn good other wise it'll fit nicely in the pantheon of rubbish that most games seem to attribute in this modern gaming fiasco.

Off topic I like long walks on the beach at night, the wet and sandy grains meshing together between my pinky toes, whilst the melodious sound of waves tumbling infinitely over themselves rises and falls.

10. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

^^---- Not every game developer can spend years developing a game, with loads of cash under their asses.

Just wait to play it and see. You might be pleasantly surprised. For what genre hasn't been revived, over and over again?

11. hotdog

hotdog What's a Dremel?

I played the first Area 51 and thought it was alright. This one though looks like it will be quite nice. Playing coop on extreme am sure will rock. Well I meet the specs except for the dual core. I do have my Opty clocked to 2.9. We'll see how it plays.

12. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

Hold on.... I remember that Area 51 game.... weird! (in that it took me from 2pm 'till now to remember)

13. The BallZ

The BallZ What's a Dremel?

I may have missed it but the other Area 51 (not the arcade one) was also on the Ps2, though it kept saying the "pc and xbox" version.

14. evox

evox What's a Dremel?

Heh, Anyone remember Aaron Pierce from 24?:p

15. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

I actually quite enjoyed the original Area51 game, and this one looks great and seems to be shaping up well, so heres hoping its good :)

16. Tim S

Tim S OG

Tags: Add Tags