1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks Blocking port using zonealarm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spacemunkee, 5 Feb 2007.

1. spacemunkee

spacemunkee What's a Dremel?

Right a while ago i set up utorrent to use port 72 (long story why i chose that) and since then i have uninstalled it and all that jizz. However in the logs on my router im still getting matches on port 72 (it was unused before and never showed up unless u torrent was running) and the log is pointing to my ip address on the network. Ive searched the registry and deleted any keys i have found and double checked for any parts of it left over anywhere. Yet still i get these logs and it is slowing my internet down somewhat. Just as if its still running. Ive also checked startup etc using msconfig. So my last ditch effort is to block that port using zone alarm pro. Thing is i have no clue what all the damn settings mean and google just seems to come up with how to unblock stuff.

So can someone give me a quick step by step guide on how to block port 72 using zone alarm pro. Thanks for the help :)

2. Gforcet

Gforcet What's a Dremel?

All you need is just to create rules for apps that don't need to be blocked. Zone Alarm or any other firewall will block all ports except of them.

Tags: