1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bloodshot Eyes

Discussion in 'General' started by Flax, 4 Oct 2003.

1. Flax

Flax What's a Dremel?

Recently my eyes have become very bloodshot. The bloodshots come up till they are almost at the coloured part of my eyes.
    Theres quite a bit from the inside corner of my eye, and now some from the top of my eye, I can't see if theres any from the outside corner.

The bloodshot first came over the summer when my heyfever made my eyes itch and they got rubbed a lot, but it hasn't gone away.
    Is this eyestrain/something else from looking at a monitor too much? Thats the only thing I do that I think would affect my eyes.

My eyesight hasnt deteriated significantly since this (AFAIK I can still read distant things as well as I could before)

I assume this must be bad, but anyone know how bad and what(if anything) I can do about it?

I'll try to dig up a camera and take pics in a minute.

Last edited: 4 Oct 2003
  2. bard

bard Modding isn't what it used to be

There are some eyedrops, called ClearEyes or something, which can retract the blood vessels and make your eyes white. It's not legal to sell in all countries, though :worried:. But I wouldn't suggest it anyway - I suggest an eye doctor, who can check out your eyes (and give you glasses, since you're nearsighted).
    Pics would be cool, though ;)

3. Flax

Flax What's a Dremel?

I can't get my camera working propelly with WinXP (wont let me change settings so the res is too low to make out veins).

As I can't get a photo heres an artists impression :D :dremel:

[​IMG]

Last edited: 4 Oct 2003
  4. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

[​IMG]

:lol: ha

wat caused the bloodshotness?

5. Flax

Flax What's a Dremel?

I think it was originally caused by me rubbing my eyes too hard, but when I saw the bloodshotedness I stopped and it went down a bit, then came back worse. I haven't noticed any loss of vision (although I imagine if my sights been getting worse I would, frog-in-boiling-water style) but the constant bloodshot is worrying. I don't want to "bleech" them white again, I'm not too bothered about the actual redness just that it can't be a good sign.
    I should really go and get my eyes checked, but was hoping someone might have an idea of what was causing it/ how to make it go away.

6. SittingBull

SittingBull What's a Dremel?

I find i get bloodshot eyes if i stare at the computer screen too long. Try spending a few days away from the computer and they'll prob disappear.

7. daniel_owen_uk

daniel_owen_uk What's a Dremel?

Tut Tut please no more sacreligious coments! :D

8. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

Stop smoking crack.

9. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

I started having it this summer during the hayfever season too, but it continued after too. I find it's mainly triggered by reading too much on monitors, I forget to blink.
    Some people like to irrigate their eyes, I find just looking out a window every so often helps. And conciously over blinking when I feel it coming on.

Good reason to take lots of breaks, will be good for your wrists too!

Alaric.

10. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Go to a boots and ask, they're very helpful.
    I got something from VitalEyes. Works well although drinking plenty of water helped me more.