1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Blu-ray playback suddenly stopped working

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Xonar, 7 Dec 2009.

1. Xonar

Xonar What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, I'll just cut to the chase and explain my dilemma, I arrived home today with the Bourne trilogy on Blu-ray and thought i'd sit down and watch them on my computer for a bit. I loaded up the disc and it started playing (using PowerDVD9 btw) with no problem, got about half way through the big universal logo and i get this message.

"Cyberlink PowerDVD is not able to play the protected content on your digital output device. Switch to analog output (VGA, D-Sub) and then try again. - (Error Code = 0110)

Run the BD Advisor tool for more information"

I proceeded to download and run the advisor tool which told me my graphics card and video connection type were not Blu-ray ready. I downloaded the latest 9.11 catalyst drivers for my 4870X2 but still no luck.

Now the really funny thing is that I've ran Iron man and Black Hawk Down on it in the past without an issue but when i tried them again this afternoon I just got the aforementioned error message. I cannot think of anything I've changed since then that would stop it from working. If anyone has any idea's or could shed some light on it i'd greatly appreciate it.

Other info:
    Running a HP LP2475W from a 4870X2 using a dual link DVI cable
    Sound is through a digital Coax cable from my Asus Xonar D2 to my Logitech Z-5500's
    Windows 7 Pro, PowerDVD9