1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Blue Line running down PSone LCD!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by sui_winbolo, 18 Jul 2005.

1. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Okay, I got this psone lcd a while ago anyways I hardly used it since it's waiting to be put in ym xbox mod. Anyways I thought why not check out how it looks displaying stuff on my computer. So I hooked it up to my Radeon 7000 pci video card and setup it up to extend desktop. Anyways it was looks okay, then all the sudden there's this thin blue line running down the lcd screen! It just sorta appeared. Are these dead pixels? Is my lcd faulty? Will it get any worse? It's pretty deep blue and wheneverI plug it in, it comes on (black) except for that blue line. =X It's not too big of a deal, because I might be getting another psone lcd for $12 from a guy, but it's so sad to see something beatiful just kinda die. My big question if it is dead pixels, will it get any worse? Because if it won't I'll use it in my computer just to display visulations while I listen to music and use my other lcd in my halo 2 mod.

2. Phaeton

Phaeton What's a Dremel?

I had the same thing happen to an old laptop of mine, I always assumed that a connection had come loose from the LCD. The line never got worse on my laptop though, if thats any consolation.

3. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Alright, that's what I'm mainly afraid of. If it stays like it is now, that'll be okay.

4. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Sorry for bump, but I'm very confused! The blue line is gone! It was there and sorta faded away! What the hell is it! Lol. Can't be dead pixels, so confusing. lol Help anyone?

5. kalm

kalm What's a Dremel?

I had the same thing happen with a 15" Samsung TFT the line appeared one day but after switching it off and on again it went away. Two days later it came back and refused to go away.

6. mottl3y

mottl3y What's a Dremel?

software maybe?

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

probably a connection to a subpixelrow that is bad. I guess it will go away when the dsplay gets "hot". If it comes back, try gently pressing around the edge of the display.. it might help.

8. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

That's exactly what I was thinking! Err..Well sorta, It seems with time it just fades away, so when it gets hotter it goes away. I don't know that much about LCD. :D I just plugged it in again, it's not there anymore. Hmm.

9. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

if it ain't broken, don't fix it.

just dont think about it anymore (until it gets back)

10. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Lol, it's actually not there anymore. I have it running in my computer now, I mounted it yesterday. Here's what I did.

Took three bay covers, taped the front of them with packing tape to hold them together. Sanded the backs of them (to get rid of the ridges). Then I took a piece of cardboard, cut it to the size of the psone lcd, and placed it where the lcd will be. Taped the cardboard down and started cutting a hole (with my dremel of course). Once that was done it was significally weakened, so I cut a piece of acrylic little larger then the hole and hot glued it to the back, strong again! The I took the LCD, hot glued the lcd to the pcb (there those metal squares for screws to go through). Once that was done I placed four double sided tape squares and placed the lcd on there. Then I took another piece of acrylic and electrical taped down the two smaller PCBs so they wouldn't touch the metal and now have a base for them. Routed RCA cable and power cable inside my case (out of view of course and it works great! I use it mainly for visulations and plan to use it for slide show. I would post pics, but I still need to get a digital camera. >_< Just need to find some thing flexible metal trim to use to clean up the edges a bit. I really messed up on the bottom edge, others are fine except the bottom.

11. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

12. quietas

quietas What's a Dremel?

Hey what settings are you using in powerstrip for the LCD. I've got a Radeon 7000 and the two new ones I just got are giving me all kinds of trouble.

13. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

I'm not using powerstrip with mine. I'm connected RCA. If your using RCA too just turn off powerstrip. Go to properties (from desktop) Settings and there should be two monitors, select the second one click extend my desktop onto this monitor. It detects it as a TV and it works good.

14. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

isn't it just a bad connection with the cable? (or bad cable) :worried:

15. sui_winbolo

sui_winbolo Giraffe_City

Idk, it just sorta went away and hasn't come back since, it's been running for 36+ hours no hitch.