1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluetooth Inputs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mr. DNA, 23 Feb 2005.

1. Mr. DNA

Mr. DNA What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I'm acquired an Apple Wireless keyboard (pending reception) for my computer (Athlon XP). Following the instructions about using a bluetooth dongle, Apple recomends the D-Link DBT-120 (Rev.B2 & superior). That's right. Yesterday I bought this dongle, it's a B4 revision. I've read the possibility that I must to upgrade the firmware with the Apple firmware, but nobody wants to know if you do it (neither Apple nor D-Link), this will work perfectly. This is an extract from the web ...

"Apple's recent Bluetooth firmware update will install HID proxy firmware into a D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth dongle, as long as it has revision B2 or later. (Earlier devices used Broadcom, not CSR, modules.) The updater warns that, after you perform the update, the dongle will only work with OS X. This isn't quite true. Actually, it'll work with any operating system that knows how to switch the dongle from HID mode back to Bluetooth HCI mode."

Somebody can tell me something about this or I'm the first man that proves it ???

Thanks to ear me ....

Mr. DNA

2. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Im sure there is a thread on here somewhere that explains about using the Apple Wireless keyboard, find who it was and PM them see id they can help you :)

:search:

3. Mr. DNA

Mr. DNA What's a Dremel?

Thanks Atomic,

I was too lazy for searching something about this ... Excuse me .. I will post in the right thread.

Regards,

Mr. DNA