1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics Bluetooth phone/ringer: is it possible to use two bluetooth devices?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Cupboard, 29 May 2010.

1. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

I want to make something that connects to my phone when I am at my desk and acts like a "proper" old fashioned phone. One that has a wired handset and ringing bells.

The original plan was to find a bluetooth headset/similar that vibrated, run cables up the headset and put a microphone and speaker in that, then run the bell from a relay connected to vibrate output.

However I have completely failed to find anything that does both audio for the handset and a vibrate to do the ringing.

This leads me to wondering if I can use two devices, one to do the ringing, like this and a separate one to do the audio like this. My question is, should a phone be able to have two bluetooth things connected at once?

If it can, I should be able to progress! fwiw, the phone is a Motorola Milestone, Android 2.1. Thanks :)

2. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

using more the 2 devices at the same time is highly unlikely
    but i wouldnt be surprised
    so here is what you could do
    is to take a darn good look at the return policy and just try it out and see if it would work
    worst case sceniro is that it wont work
    and that it would be only 1 at a time
    now there are cordless phones with built-in bluetooth
    like this
    so that might be an option

3. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Hmm, thanks.

When I said, "a proper phone", I meant something like
    [​IMG]

and I have found this, which I though was quite funny:
    [​IMG]

4. lysaer

lysaer Suck my unit! Kirk lazarus (2008)

you could dismantle an old phone and a bluetooth headset, set the headset ear piece in one end of the phone then the mic in the other, then fit the receiver into the phone base unit, it shouldn't be to hard to wire up.

as for getting the phone to ring, i dunno how much voltage you need to set the bell ringing, but the headset must give out voltage from somewhere when it rings in your ear, if you could use a multimeter to find it and see if it will produce enough voltage to ring the bell, should be able to wire it all up fairly easily, i've never stripped one apart, but i can't see it being that hard.

nice little project either way :D