1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Bought a DSLR camera (finally) - Need help choosing accessories

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by FIBRE+, 10 Apr 2007.

1. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

To add to the CF debate, I use Ultra II's and the only time I really feel the pinch in speed is car races and air shows. That is with a 22 frame RAW buffer at 5fps. With the 400D you have a 27 frame buffer for JPG and 10 for RAW, at 3 fps. That's not bad, you'll just have to keep your bursts down to 5 at a time if you shoot sports. That will let the buffer do it's job without it getting totaly full and having to wait for it to write the card. I carry 2x4gb, 1x2gb and 3x1gb and routinely fill them all up. I bracket a lot and shoot a lot, so that's me. A 4gb card should hold you until you know how much you are going to be shooting. But at 35GBP, I would get another 4gb.

2. smashie

smashie Cupid Stunt

Well for my every day bag I use one of these

I'm not going to say buy spare batteries because unless your on a bit of a mission the standard battery lasts very well. But if at any point in the future you do need replacement batteries then Stirlingtek do very good replacements at a good price.

3. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Do buy spare battery, because when you do leave home with a half drained battery, the spare will be a lifeline.
    Always having a fully charged battery at hand is much better than having to wait for your one and only battery to charge.

4. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Very true. I never bother charging the in-cam battery as I know I always have a fully charged spare in the bag and I'm normally only going out for a few shots. Only if, like for sports events, I'm gonna be out all day shooting then both will be charged the night before.

Tags: