1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broadband limits :(

Discussion in 'General' started by mikey, 24 Jun 2004.

1. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

NTLWorld broadband is meant to have the same restraints, but apparently no one has been pulled over on it...

2. ocha

ocha Minimodder

Plus.net have a package that is completly un metered I think. I'm with them (got in before they all started doing it) and they seem to be prettty good.

Very upfront with their customers.

take a look

www.plus.net

/EDIT thats what I was going to put in, plus.net have a little tool on the portal to tell you how much you have transferred (up and down) and since the 20th of this month I have transferred 2.37GB and they really don't care. I do about 7 or 8 a month and they have never said anything :rock:

Last edited: 25 Jun 2004
  3. Gecko

Gecko What's a Dremel?

I have to say i use freeserve, and the package may be a little bit more than others but i never have connection problems and they dont care about bandwith limits, I have downloaded countless gigs this month already and i havent heard anything about it.

:rock:

4. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

I thought the NTL cap was 1GB a day, but they never complained when I was constandly downloading >1GB every day...

5. ginguskahn

ginguskahn What's a Dremel?

IIRC the ntl cap was never enforced, purely a "suggested" cap (only serious offenders where ever chased up from it, 40gb/month people), and dropped pretty quickly :p
    I know I used to go through 15gb a month without breaking a sweat on my cable modem without a word.

6. Shaolyen

Shaolyen Minimodder

Freeserve threw me off dial-up in my narrowband days...

Been with Pipex for years. £24 monthly, no limits, quality connection.

7. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Zen because they are the best bar none.

8. xen0morph

xen0morph Bargain wine connoisseur

I'm on the normal BT Broadband (not Openworld).

I pay a bit more than £19.99 monthly. They better not have put a 1Gb limit on my service - otherwise I will be having words ;) We download about 500 megs a day on average, at least. Not had any problems yet anyway :)