1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development BSD and Teamspeak ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by B3CK, 15 Sep 2005.

1. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

Hello all, first time in the dev corner. Always opened the door, but never made it inside. ;)

I am not a developer, and am trying to increase my knowledge of the world beyond M$. I can't remember who, but I would like to say it was one of the mods from REDVSBLUE during their fist season that told me about FBSD. I never really got around to looking into it, until now. I am kinda tired of listening to my main rig humming about all night, two rooms away, and recently picked up an older PIII, that when powered up runs pretty quiet (in comparison to main rig)
    My main focus is to switch to an open source OS on this older box, that will run Teamspeak just about 24/7/365 (so my main doesnt have to anymore). and also serve as my own private website for making file transfers, and hosting family pictures; yet won't expose the rest of my network in the process. I was wanting to run FBSD but after weeks of searching over the TS website forums, and FBSD forums all I can figure out is that the TS port had not been updated during the last release of BSD. Has/Is anyone else running TS on the latest release of FBSD? If so, would you be willing to help me through an install?