1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other BSOD help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by happyhammer7, 17 Jul 2011.

1. happyhammer7

happyhammer7 What's a Dremel?

I have got a couple of BSOD lately and I cannot identify the problem. I have used bluescreen view to identify what could be causing this.

It displays the following files are causing the issue -

tcpip.sys
    ntoskrnl.exe

Where do I go from here? I have installed no additional hardware or software.

2. dazedandconfused

dazedandconfused generic babble ->

Dont know about the BSOD, but would be useful to list your system specs and any overclocks etc
    Alot of the time its an overclock or a failing piece of hardware thats the fault rather than an install.

3. TheLegendJoe

TheLegendJoe Syntax error

Navigate to: C:\Windows\Minidump folder and try to see what application is causing the crash- Both seem to be related to a dody driver accessing the internet.

4. happyhammer7

How can you find out what application is causing it? the .dmp file is unreadable

5. happyhammer7

I used the verified tool to see if I could get it to bsod. It seemed that gigabytes dynamic energy tool was a dodgy driver and instantly caused a bsod. But I don't see how this could cause my original problem as it appeared to be network related.

I have done various shutdowns and restarts and no more BSOD, but I am not convinced.

6. happyhammer7

Update

Ran windows debugging tools and the BSOD is being caused by Lycosa.sys, which is related to my razer keyboard. I have fully uninstalled the driver using CCleaner and cleared the registry.

I then reinstalled using the latest driver, ran verifier again and it crashed and Lycosa.sys once more. Could this be a possible hardware fault? I'm a bit lost as to what to do. Beginning to detest Razer's shabby products.

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

Can you test with older drivers/ ones windows finds for the keyboard vs ones from the Razer website ( or viceversa )?