1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BSOD!!!!

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by alkammy, 16 Nov 2006.

1. alkammy

alkammy What's a Dremel?

Hello all at bitech,

We have just changed the MOBO in the bosses computer stuck all the bits back together, hit the button and got every ones favourite BSOD inacessible boot device, the new board is the gigabyte K8 Triton with new processor + RAM (sempron 3000+ and 512MB)

I am a bit stuck 'cos ive never had any probs swaping boards in the past, I presume it 'cos the new board drivers arn't in the windows installation

P.S. no safe mode or command prompt

Thanks in advance

2. alkammy

alkammy What's a Dremel?

PPS running windows repair now

3. Callum

Callum What's a Dremel?

If you have changed the motherboard, you'll need to reinstall Windows.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Yup, if the chipset's completely different, Windows'll have a 'mare trying to boot. If you're lucky, the old board will boot if you want to rescue something with the old one. :)

5. alkammy

alkammy What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all that,
    the windows repair said the disk was corrupted,

tried reconnecting the old board - instelled new board drivers - tried new board - nothing

I have now backed up the whole system to a net drive, if I reinstall windows will I be able to just dump the old sys back onto the drive? warts and all so to speak

T v much

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

you'll be able to dump the files I assume but unless you saved all the information as a drive image I am pretty sure you wont be able to. Software installs will be required that is for sure.

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Put the old board in. Uninstall EVERYTHING under system device and your IDE, USB drivers (or just remove EVERYTHING).

Turn off, old board out, new board it. Boot up, should prompt you for the new drivers.

8. alkammy

alkammy What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the above but we're workig around it another way now, we had a clean system for a future employee, which the boss is now going to have so we are running off the old board, transfering data, and apps off the net drive, and going about it that way,

thanks any way

alkammy