1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bsod

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ocha, 10 Mar 2004.

1. ocha

ocha Minimodder

Ok so a while ago I put in a new 120gb disk to sit all my media on. Now it was ok for a while and then I started to get BSOD and it would give me an error (which I will post when I find it) and dump the memory.

It has done it a number of times and says something about the NTFS disk (the 120gb one) I have one FAT32 disk which is my master and one NTFS which is the slave which hosts all my media.

Does anyone have any ideas about it. Why it would do this and what I can do. As I say I will post more later but does anyone have any disk diognostic programs?

/EDIT - this is what I found from the process viewer in XP.

Last edited: 10 Mar 2004
  2. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

who makes the hdd?

what are you temps like?

3. ocha

ocha Minimodder

well I HDD is made by Western Digital

The temps have been ok CPU wise I think around 42 ish but not sure on that. Is there a way to check HDD temps?

4. Darv

Darv Bling!!

If they're SMART compatible you can check them with MBM, speedfan etc. Not sure how accurate they are though.

5. coorz

coorz Miffed

Check the event viewer for error messages too. BSOD's are often caused by bad device drivers.

6. felix the cat

felix the cat Spaceman Spiff

you should be able to get some kind of hdd checking utility from wd...i know seagates one can be run from the website, which will check your disk to see if its faulty or not....