1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BT login Send/Receive auto-login failing - manual S/R works???

Discussion in 'Software' started by neil_b, 7 Dec 2015.

1. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

I have a scheduled send/receive set on my Outlook Office Professional Plus 2010 for various accounts - work, tesco.net, BT but for some reason when I do a manual send/receive all accounts log-in, send and receive without any problems - with one exception...

The one EXCEPTION is the BT email (which until a couple of weeks ago worked fine) which seems to fail on the auto/scheduled (every 10 mins) send/receive cycle but does NOT fail if I do a manual send/receive from the Office tool-ribbon at the top of the Office window... When the auto send/receive fails I get a small log-in window opening (for the BT email account) asking me to "log-in by clicking the OK button - and this window pops up every send/receive cycle and is a real PITA.

Anyone have any idea what's going on and what I can do to resolve this??? I don't understand why the auto send/receive doesn't work, but the manual one does?

Thanks as always.

2. neil_b

neil_b Minimodder

Trying to work out how to add pic of Login fail pop-up window... And just realised it's a problem with BT email again (see other topic re email problems on another PC).

Last edited: 7 Dec 2015