1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News BusinessWeek plays host to malware

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Sep 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Browsing pr0n? I always thought it was from illegal downloads, warez etc. I guess they're almost one and the same. I trust this website lol

3. SlickGnome

SlickGnome What's a Dremel?

Its really sad how badly some sites are infected and how much they beleive they are immune to such things. Sony's Online Gaming site was hit with SQL injection a while back and was handing out XP/Vista Antivirus 2008/2009 to alot of the "lucky" visitors. For a little while, an advertising partner of MSNBC (and several other sites) was hit with the exact same thing. My part time job is PC repair, and lately 99% of what we do is Spyware/Virus/Greyware removal. We have had people come in with day old machines that are soo infected that the machines will not even fully boot to windows, even with Decent Antivirus/Antispyware applications. With some of these programs being rehashed a few times a week, is almost impossible for even the big name companies to keep up with definitions.

4. bahgger

bahgger Minimodder

I'd better not surf sites like those tech ones anymore.. bye bye bit-tech! You will be missed ;(

5. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

?

its not just targeting tech web sites its any web sites that have set up SQL improperly (auto tools that make SQL content), users are not very up on what windows does and does not do (windows pc will never tell you that you have an virus)

Tags: Add Tags