1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying a New case

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bust_A_Cap, 12 Jan 2006.

1. Bust_A_Cap

Bust_A_Cap What's a Dremel?

Aight so i'm about to graduate and i'm looking at building just one bad ass case before i do. So i've decided that the first thing i will do is try and track down a bad ass case. What i'm looking for is a spacey mid tower...but really plain. Preferably no fan holes in front or side. Also i want it to be just straight edge, like no curvy designs and all that ****...and prefeably to have a metal face plate...i might end up making one but does anyone have any ideas on what kind of case would meet some of these requirements...thanks!

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

Coolermaster Centurion 5 :thumb:

It has an 80mm fan at the front and a fan mount on the side but other than that it's a great case.

3. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

lian li's are about the closest things ive seen to totally plain. At least the older models.

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Try Cheiftech BX's - a very plain and cheap tower (compared to LiLi's and CM's anyway) to mod. :D

Plus you can buy yourself a new front panel if you fudge it.

5. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

It's purely subjective. Some like Lian Li, some like Coolermaster... both are excellent. Go with whichever you think looks coolest, and whichever fits your requirememts - such as space, drive bays, fan size etc. Both Coolermaster and Lian Li will make something that fits your needs, and both will be of superb build quality.

6. Bust_A_Cap

Bust_A_Cap What's a Dremel?

I REALLY like the look of that coolermaster case...it is a little spendy but i don't know, i'm not a big fan of the front door deal...but i also like the front intake and rear exhaust, right now my current computer overheats quite regularly so i'm begining to understand the point of cooling hahah. Does anyone know of anyone else that makes a case similar to the Coolermaster Centurion 5 but is cheaper?
    Thanks!

7. 5aboy

5aboy Minimodder

try the antec p180 - seems to be a very good case that im considering, but dont know how ill feel about having less space than my current full tower chieftec!

only problem with the current one is its not quite deep enough - a 7800GT and hard discs do not go in together easily!

8. GiGo

GiGo was once a nerd.....

Lian Li v1000 for a smallish case or you could go for the big v2000, ive got one, its great! So much room and when the case was empty you could throw it in the air with one hand and catch it again. Altho it is very heavy when full! 8 HDDs do that to a computer!

Its fairly plain to, only got holes on the front of the case which look really good personally, its round edges are nice and there are no sharp bits.

hope to have helped
    GiGo

9. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Centurion 5 is about the cheapest case of decent quality build you going to get. Sub £40 quality cases are few and far between.