1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Buying First Notebook

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TeenGeek, 23 Apr 2014.

1. TeenGeek

TeenGeek Worst touch typing ever.

Hey all, I am in the market for my first notebook (for myself). My budget is anything up to about $2500-$3000 USD. I am looking for something powerful, but not too thick, and not overly gaudy, if possible. I currently have my desktop in my sig, and there is no lighting in the PC. I don't really like flashy designs, I prefer quiet/understated. Anyway, I like to game a bit, but I really prefer to have the graphics set to the higher end of things. I would prefer that the storage is all solid-state, no mechanical drives. If they are easily changeable, I don't mind it coming with a mechanical as long as I can change it out soon, and easily. I want at least 16GB RAM, and a core i7 for sure. Dedicated graphics are a must. So far, I have been looking at the Aorus x7 notebook, and I am curious about the 14 inch razer blade. One of my friends has the blade pro, and I hate the track pad on the thing. I would also like back-lit keys, but that is not a necessity. Is the Aorus my best bet, or do you know of anything else that might suit me better? I have all of the peripherals that I might need, so none of those are a concern. An SD card reader would be awesome, but I have adapters that I could use for that (I'm thinking something off the computer storage for music, or something). The longest batter life possible would be nice, but i need to be able to get around 2-3 hours on the battery, unless you guys know of some kind of portable battery I could buy to charge on the go, like the external battery I have for my phone. I have absolutely no need for an optical drive, all of my things are digital format. Oh, also, 1080p screen or more, I can't handle 1600x900, etc. the lack of screen real estate bothers me. Any advice that anyone can offer would be stellar, thanks!

I am graduating high school soon, and my mother does not want me to bring my Desktop with me to college (she is convinced that it will get stolen) so I need something that I can use without the outside power of a desktop.