1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Buying software online

Discussion in 'Software' started by Henchman:crg, 19 Jul 2005.

1. Henchman:crg

Henchman:crg What's a Dremel?

Anyone have any suggested where a good place to buy software is, online?
    Haven't seen a sticky here on Bit-tech with a list.

2. Pegasus

Pegasus What's a Dremel?

3. Henchman:crg

Should have stated looking for software that's selling in the UK, and can deliver within a day or two.

Thanks anyway.

4. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I've had good service from http://www.feama.co.uk/ but it's like anything else, it pays to shop around. Plug the titles into Pricerunner or Kelkoo and see who comes up.

5. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

grey matter for all my volume licenser needs, had really good service, but not used em lately myself thou.
    http://www.greymatter.com/

6. Henchman:crg

cpemma, there web site menu's dont work in Firefox :waah:

Instead of appearing right of the main menu, it appears over the top, so I can't read any of it.

Thanks anyway.

7. Henchman:crg

Well, was gonna call greymatter until I saw the 0870 number.

Also, http://www.saynoto0870.com does not find an alternative :waah:

EDIT: They have a call me back option on web site I decided to try, just got to wait for call now.

ANOTHER EDIT: Well, 2 hours have passed and still no call. I selected the within 30 minutes option by the way.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Well, used the call back again and e-mailed them, still nothing 2 more hours later, gave up and rang the 0870 :sigh:

The other number for greymatter is 01364 654100, if anyone wants to avoid the 0870 in future.

Last edited: 21 Jul 2005
  8. shroom

shroom What's a Dremel?

Wait, your telling me, people buy software? :eyebrow:

9. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

mmm I gues its ok aslong as you dont waste good money buying any Microsoft Product.

:thumb:

10. [Tom]

[Tom] Minimodder

erm....why? Are you too l33t for windows/office/halo etc?
    Its a shame 'M$' bashing has got so cool.

11. Hex

Hex Paul?! Super Moderator

Let's not start any warez talk people :thumb:

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

Update your FF. It works fine for me.

And Mike, I challenge you to write better software. The truth is, for 99% of the people out there MS products work 99% of the time. Considering the sheer numbers of people using Windows and Office, they do a decent job of it. Cars break down, sofas collapse, and NASA probes crash into Mars. Bashing MS ( and in the process outing yourself in regards to using illegal software ) doesn't do anyone any good. Yes, the have a monopoly. Yes, they have less then scrupulous business practices. But they also do a lot of research into filesystems and user interfaces. Research that spurs the industry and sets standards. Just like Toyota's F1 team helps make the Echo a better car. Maybe the end consumer product is dumbed down, like longhorn not having WINFS. But at least someone is looking past NTFS and FAT32.

So, take your warez, move out of your parents house, and get a clue.

Edit: Ok that last part may sound harsh. But, we're the ones he is going to whine to when his hacked copy of XP goes belly up and he can't update or get support for it.

13. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

:hehe:
    It is quite funny how people who bash like that and all too frequently try to convert me on campus, always seam to know less than me about the technical side which they are in favour so much off!

14. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

Menu simple doesnt appear for me either...

15. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Just click where "buy stuff" is and a page opens with all the categories.

You people really ought to get a decent browser. :rolleyes:

:worried:

16. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Because we have no choice, as no over product can get a foothold in the market.

May I add I have legal versions of windows thankyou very much. You seem to take things very seriously, too serious may I add. I was having a little joke which you didnt seem to get.

Excuse me kiddy but I moved out along time ago and married. You children make me laugh :)

I think your the one starting warz flaming me, as you put it.

17. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

This isn't entirely true, since even before Windows 3.1 there were alternatives in the market, just as there are now. While Microsoft's business practices are well known, the sad truth is that there really hasn't been a viable OS that could compete in the mass market. Except Apple, and they dropped the ball in the late 80's and early 90's. Linux, for all it's greatness, can not be installed and maintained by my mother. And that is, in the end, the litmus test that makes or breaks a product. MS makes a good product, just like (insert you favorite auto maker here) makes a good product. Perfect? No. But what do you expect when people are writing the code?

To this I can only say; Thank you. I'm at that age where this becomes a welcome compliment after a day of, "Good morning, sir." and the like. :thumb: Keep 'em coming! A few more post like this and I may start feeling good enough to hit on Hex and Emzay!

Tags: