1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming C&C: Kane's Wrath Producer Interview

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 22 Jun 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Nice Interview.

There are 3 problems they urgently need to sort out with regards to the C&C franchise, be it PC or 360.

1. The Zoom level is way too claustrophobic. I hate it. It doesnt have to be as magnificent as Supreme Commander, but come on... being 3inches above the ground is just 1990 all over again. RTS games have moved on since then!

2. The balance issues. It was always a joke that to win games, you just had to tank rush your opponent. Still seems to be relatively true for C&C.

3. PC ISSUE ONLY - Online play. Hosting your own games is a port-forward nightmare. I think in C&C3 they even printed the wrong port numbers in the manual. Never seen so many comments about online issues on the forums.

But otherwise keep up the good work. The reason I buy C&C games is the story plus the actors (Jennifer Morrison MMmmmmm), despite the limitations pointed out above.

But seriously... do something about the zoom. Saying its fine as it is, and focussing the player to the nose of the action (literally) is a lame ass answer which ignores the root of the complaint.

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

never! not even with their new controls.
    a few buttons and triggers cannot beat the QW and ERTYU build queue managment. on PC, with fast scrolling of right mouse + location shortcuts, one can issue orders far, far faster than the crappy analogue stick.

just face it and forget consolification

Last edited: 22 Jun 2008
  4. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

PS3 version - just give us Keyboard and Mouse. MS may have their heads up their own Asses, but Sony doesnt.

5. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

So everyone who gets a RTS game for a console has to plug in PC accessories to play it?

I honestly don't see what's wrong with making the console controls more intuitive and effective.

Now having said that, another point is it wasn't mentioned how poor the support on the PC has been. There have been gamebreaking bugs in kane's wrath and it's not until this week (hopefully) that the 1.01 patch will be released. If you build AA structures and attack them with air units - insta de-sync. Many people take advantage of bugs to ensure they never lose a match. Whilst at the same time I worked out a way in my head to guaruntee number 1 position in their 'competitive league' ranking system.

6. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

Why not have the option of using a keyboard a mouse on the console version. It certanly would not hurt to have it in.

7. rollo

rollo Modder

rts games dont belong on consoles nuff said

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

THIS.

9. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

quote for truth!

speaking of PC support. i can only HOPE 64bit Vista gets fully supported.
    i know CnC3 worked fine, but sometimes it just jumps out of the MP game due to "desynchronization" which i am 100% sure wasn't due to connection problem, cos we are both wire connected to a LAN router.

10. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Nice interview joe, would have been nice for a heads up so we could post some questions direct to Jim ourselfs, although, one of my questions was answered on a previous episode of BCPT:D
    Going back to RA3, EA have announced the best news ever, apart from the fact their making RA3, but the man behind the music of C&C is back: http://www.ea.com/redalert/news-detail.jsp?id=13

I will be getting this on 360, although i have it on PC, but i like a challenge, so yea, i will be getting it.

Sam

11. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I would of actually, but this was done with very little fore-warning. I'm looking forward to doing more reader questions in future interviews, but it's a case of having enough time in advance.

12. korhojoa

korhojoa durr

Hum, errors?
    That should be Tiberian sun, yes?

Tags: Add Tags