1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c p u cooler??????????

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by b1g-d0g, 31 Oct 2001.

1. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:confused: Hi ive got a kt7 raid motherbored and im looking for a good cooler for it,my cpu is a 1ghz t-bird am thinking of overclocking it a bit but dont know what is best for it,anybody help me??

2. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

comes down to price.....

Taisol 760 (cheapest)

Alpha (most expensive - well not the most but the best out the bunch)

3. Marzupial

Marzupial What's a Dremel?

Buy a Flower Cooler

FLOWER COOOOOOOLER!!!

Get em from QuietPc.com. They look the dogs dangles if u can fit one in your machine, and provide more cooling power than loads of "Standard" HSF combos. :D

The sound they produce is almost non existent whilst the cooling is still brilliant. They cost quite a bit extra, £35 i think, but they are worth it. Check the articles for more info.

Hope that helps

4. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:cool: thx ill have a look at them both :)

5. RTT

RTT #parp

i can reccomend the taisol 760 - brilliant cooler in my oppinion.

I have replaced the stock fan with a YsTech 60mm which knocks off 5-8 degrees off compared to the stock fan.

cooling my 1333 @ 1550 i get 31-33 idle and 36-38 load :)

6. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:confused: Will the Alpha Pal 8045 fit on the raid motherboard?

7. Forsaken

Forsaken GameFaction.com

taisol 760 for me too, lapped, nice and smooth

8. jamiesurfs

jamiesurfs Boom Boom, Cha Cha Cha!

According to the Alpha Motherboard compatibility guide, Yes it will. Damn good cooler it is too, but certainly not the cheapest.:D

9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

;) its quite a good cooler me thinks m8,only problem i have is,got the Yeong Yang sever case modded like Koolvins one and dont know if it will fit because of the top fan?

10. Will

Will Beware the judderman...

I have a Taisol 760 with dual YsTechs waiting to go with my new gear......this is a pretty cost effective solution :)

I would have got the Alpha cooler, but £55 for a heatsink and fan is excessive for a 15 year old with little income :(

11. Tim S

Tim S OG

I wrekon, if you got the money, go for an ALPHA, as they are simply the best cooler on the market at the moment! :cool: :cool: :cool:

However if money is the issue, then you can pick up a Taisol for around £17-£20 or a ThermalRight SK6 for around £35. Both of these are rated to over 1.5GHz, so for a 'lil' 1 Gig chip, I can see them being a problem at all :D :D :D

Going back a little while, you could go for the thermoengine, which is a very effective cooler, and does the job on a 1.4GHz chip, with its stock fan. The temps are around 50C full load with this, but on my old 1Ghz chip (clocked to 1.15) that used to have a Thermoengine on it, I was getting around 45C full load.

Hope some of this helps :cool: :cool:

Biggie

12. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:cool: thanks people,just need to find out if tha Alpha will fit under my top fan now??

It looks as if it might but its a lot of money if it dont,the wife dont know how much if spent on this dam computer allready :),
    anyhow shes happy if i throw her a few £££s every now and then.

13. LegoManUK[-_-]

LegoManUK[-_-] What's a Dremel?

Kr7 Raid

Will the Alpha fit on the new abit kr7 raid ?:eek:

14. Tim S

Tim S OG

Re: Kr7 Raid

Yes it should do, as it fits on all other ABit boards as far back as at least the KT7, so why would they change their minds and not support prolly the best air cooler out at the moment

:D

Biggie

15. IsaacSibson

IsaacSibson Banned

Go with the Alpha. :) . Mine has a 53cfm mechatronics fan on it, quieter than my old FOP38 (delta), and cools way better.

Note that although the Alpha WILL fit on the KT7/KT7A, it won't allow a blue orb to be fitted at the same time. I had to take mine out....however, the stock abit cooler is fine with some Arctic silver at 142MHz FSB.