1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 Call Of Duty : World At War - Now With Zombies

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mookboy, 26 Oct 2008.

1. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Last edited: 15 Nov 2008
  2. benjamyn

benjamyn What's a Dremel?

3. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Based on..?

4. benjamyn

CoD3 being no better than average.
    CoD5 multiplayer being a gimped clone of Infinity wards work (Engine, online levelling/experience system, points, kill streak rewards etc)

I'll probably pass on CoD5 unless the single player is really good as the multiplayer is worse than the brilliant CoD4

5. alastor

alastor Minimodder

It's not really CoD5 though I've decided, definitely 4.5. Zombie Nazis does look awesome though :D

6. benjamyn

It's a step back IMO so I'd go as far as to say Call of Duty 3.5 :hehe:

7. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

i like learning about history lol

8. K

K 528491

I know it's not the same developer, and that WWII is sooooooo overdone, but I think the engine is strong enough to carry the single player to be honest. CoD4 was just so much fun and I'm still playing it online alllllll the time so I'm sure the single player of World at War will be worth a shot ya know?

9. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Looks awesome imo, I can't wait!
    The card pickups look interesting too :D

10. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Yay for people writing off a game before it's been released!

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

haha sad isn't it
    just wait for it to come out and everyone'll be drooling then :p
    ;)

12. benjamyn

Why is it sad? Are we not allowed to have low expectations for this game before it's release? if so then why are you allowed to have high expectations?

It's not without reason many people aren't expecting great things y'know:

Treyarch hasn't had a brilliant track record. CoD/CoD2's expansion packs weren't greatly recieved and CoD3 while not a bad game wasn't particularly great either.
    Also I've played the CoDWaW beta so I have a feel for the multiplayer aspect of the game (I doubt much can be changed by the time the final comes out given it's only in a couple weeks) and it's just no-where near as good as CoD4 in my opinion (and many others I know that have played it agree)

Who know's maybe treyarch will pull a fluke and the single player will be great, if so I'll get it, but for now, from what I've seen, heard, played. My hopes aren't high. :sigh:

Having said all that I still think zombies are awesome.

13. heir flick

heir flick Minimodder

i think Treyarch should be given a little slack and wait and see if its any good after all they dont seem to be making a bad job of james bond quantum of solace by the look of things

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

You're judging a company by the quality of two expansion packs and a formula that had run it's course (Medal of Honor was rubbish by that point aswell after all). I think the point is that this is, as mentioned, Call of Duty 4.5. Short of a comical balls-up, I can't see how this can fail. WW2 has plenty of life left in it for a FPS, and little things like the zombie coop mode suggest to me that Treyarch will produce something rather good that isn't just more of the same old stuff from previous WW2 titles.

It just seems your low expectations are based solely on preconceptions of the company rather than hard details about the game itself.

15. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

CoD3 was pure crap, unless this game has changed a lot I wont be investing in it.
    Even if it is good they will have just copied half of Infinity Ward's stuff.

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Well said :thumb:

17. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

That's being kind. I didn't think it even seemed like a COD game to me.

18. benjamyn

Yes I'm basing my expectations of this game on Treyarch's previous attempts in this franchise, their previous games haven't been that good so it's pretty natural to not expect high quality from this title either.
    The only reason this game is likely to be better or different from before is that they have taken a lot of Infinity Wards work (as mentioned in previous posts) and applied it to a tiring genre (WW2, which I never really liked in the first place, didn't even enjoy CoD2 much) but instead of improving on these borrowed game mechanics they're often worse: The spawn points in the CoD5 beta are horrible, the graphics actually look a little worse to me, the weapons suck, the mortars last for too long, etc
    Co-op and Zombie mode sound a little interesting I'll give it that but it's not enough to warrant purchase for me.

I'm gonna wait for impressions and reviews, if the single player is really good then I'll likely pick it up when it's cheap, but going by the beta the multiplayer is like a gimped WW2 clone of CoD4's. No thanks.

19. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

from what ive seen it just looks like a WW2 mod for COD4 (which i suppose it is in reality) still i dont mind a bit of WW2 so might give it a go.

20. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Wow, I thought that was the pinnacle of the WW2 shooters. One of the few games I've bothered to replay on a harder difficulty setting, which for me is something else.

Tags: