1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Equipment Can any one recommend me a lense.

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by CrapBag, 19 Aug 2023.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I have an old EOS 1200D that has done me well with the stock 18-55 lense but just recently the auto focus has stopped working and the lense wont turn all the way without some notchiness so its either dirty or broken in my eyes.

Is there any lenses that are decent that aren't really expensive that I can use on it for now and continue to use on a newer camera in the future.

I know decent lenses make a huge difference but I just cant afford one right now, a second hand 18-55 is £38 from cex but a quick google and people are warning not to get another as they are prone to fail like this.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Something from left field: Cannon 50 1.8 is very good and cheap lens, worth a shot if you want to try more arty photos.
    For example, 2 camera prime lens setup: 50mm on APS-C for arty photos, phone camera for wider shots.

Arboreal likes this.
  3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Depends what your budget is?
    There are also 5 or more versions of that 18-55 from Canon, it's possible Canon has fixed the AF issues your facing with the newer (And sure, more expensive) versions.

I can recommend mpb.com for Cameras and Lenses, they'll have a larger selection than CEX.

Sam

Arboreal likes this.