1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Can anyone reccomend some time management/billing software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Phrozenpenguin, 8 Mar 2005.

1. Phrozenpenguin

Phrozenpenguin What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I am looking for some reccomendations for software to help my organise and bill time. I often have jobs that stretch out over lots of periods here and there, e.g. designing websites. I would like to manage this using some software...i will be near a PC most of the time this is needed.

I have looked on tucows etc and their is a lot around... I am trialling this , however if anyone has any reccomendations that would be great.

Commercial is OK as long as they have a trial and aren't to steep price wise.

Thanks

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Write a vb program that simply counts from the time you press a button, to the time you stop after entering the company name - get it to write the running total of hours and cost as well as company to a big text file at the timer stop, then simply print out the relevant part when you're done. :) :thumb:

3. Phrozenpenguin

Thanks, but *not* what i was looking for....i don't want t owrite my own prog, i want something polished that *works*, with extra nifty features if available. For example the one i am testing atm can auto start/stop when PC is used. Outlook integration would be useful also.

4. painesy

painesy What's a Dremel?

Have you looked at Microsoft Project?
    I know it allows you to plan time but I'm not sure if you can then record the actual time taken for tasks.
    You can download a trial here.

5. Phrozenpenguin

Thanks, i might take a look at that.

Tags: