1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Can I claim back on a bill if Gas Meter was faulty and replaced?

Discussion in 'General' started by JinkzUK, 23 Feb 2009.

1. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

I've got a gas meter in a rented place, and it was replaced at the weekend, because it was leaking.

All this came from, we use the central heating, for around 5 hours a day, every day. It's a 3 bedroom house, and the bill came through, for just over 2 months, to £357, just for gas!!!

Transco fixed it, condemned the boiler inside also because that was leaking, so I was wondering, if I can prove it, has anyone here heard of someone getting a refund on part of the gas?

2. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

Strikes me it's the landlord at fault, not Transco.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Was it actually leaking or just not reading correctly? If the former, be glad the place didn't blow up and realize that the gas was still flowing. If the latter, you probably can, but IANAL. You're better off asking Transco or your landlord than us ;)

4. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

5 hours a day for 2 months, depending on the required temp and boiler efficiency, I'd say £357 isn't really that bad... Maybe a few quid too much, but it won't be a small bill.

5. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

Just seems a lot especially if there was a leak in the first place, and it was running through the meter?