1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Can I overclock this ram?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by CrapBag, 7 Aug 2014.

1. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Pookie has very kindly sent me some very low profiles Kingston 1066 ram for free.

I needed 4gb to get my daughters mini portable pc up and running but I was hoping to get something a little quicker but this will at least get me up and running and I'm very grateful.

I'm wondering about the possibilities of overclocking these sticks to at least 1333mhz which would be great.

The question I have is would I be able to overvolt them slightly or is this a strict no no with a Pentium G2030 which is designed I believe to work with 1.5v ram.

On the other hand would she actually see any gain from slightly faster ram with this chip seeing as it's only really going to be used with the likes of League of legends and left for dead 2 etc.

2. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

I have always gone with quantity over speed with regards to RAM. For general usage I doubt you would notice any benefits by clocking it.

CrapBag likes this.
  3. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

They are installed now and I'll get my daughter to give some games a whirl later, hopefully all will be hunky dory.

They are so dinky, much smaller than the goliath 2gb crucial stick of 1600mhz stuff that I borrowed from my wife's pc.

Many thanks again Pookie.

4. Deders

Deders Modder

Check with CPUz to see if the SPD allows for higher JEDEC profiles without manually loosening the timings or risking damage from to high voltage.

5. Harlequin

Harlequin Modder