1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Can this be fixed?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Prae, 11 Sep 2011.

1. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

Hi,
    I got given this dell 24" work station monitor (1920x1200 res) for free, as it has a fault.

It was in storage for a while and when turned back on has some marks on the screen like some of the pixels are stuck in lines and patches.

I plugged it in i ran a lot of stress tests on it and over half the marks vanished. But now it seems to have settled and i have been using it for a few weeks with it not getting any better.

It's a good monitor and i can live with a few marks on the screen till i can afford a new one, but i thought I'd ask in case anyone has any suggestions to what it could be.

Thanks

Here's a pic:
    http://www.mobolton.net/temp/screen.jpg

2. Blogins

Blogins Panda have Guns

Check the service tag to see if it is still under warranty.

3. Showerhead

Showerhead What's a Dremel?

Weird it looks like it's melting but as Blogins says this is a return for a replacement.

4. Prae

Prae What's a Dremel?

Does the warranty pass with the user of it? I think it's from a company that shut down. Also I've looked over it and cant see any service tag, do you know where it normally is?

Although i did find a sticker saying feb 2008 so it might be too late anyway. It is strange that alot of the marks have gone but some have stayed, but it is still usable at least.