1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Can't Re-Index Site

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Taufires, 31 Mar 2010.

1. Taufires

Taufires The Young 'un

Hey all,

Well about mid Feb I made myself a new site and I used Google ad-words which got my site indexed for the first time pretty quickly and carried on for a few days with my site getting re-indexed every few days. But then i eventually and I want to go solo, without paying advertisement fees (yet). But my site won't get re-indexed by Google again and it's stayed like this for just under a month now after I did some SEO Updates. My site is http://www.crisonguides.com yes it's a Runescape Help site(Ha Ha), but I started it to see if i could make money off it. But so far I've only sold a few due to the fact that no-one is going to my page. I know they haven't crawled my site because I have changed the description and its stayed the same for almost a month now.

So I wondered if anyone knows how to get my site re-indexed quickly? Ive submitted my site to goggle to crawl but they haven't done so.

Thanks Guys,
    Dan

2. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

google takes a while to crawl.
    secondly, i've seen these erratic gaps in crawling as well.. .they're random. Not sure what causes them at all.
    You COULD try (though i wouldn't recommend this) sending a "remove from index" request to google and then having it re-indexed.

3. Taufires

Taufires The Young 'un

Yeah It does seem a bit random, I think 4 weeks is long enough for Google, the leading search engine. But I think ill wait another week or two and then maybe remove it. But not sure at the moment and to be honest I dont think its going to re-index. :wallbash:

4. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

give it time.
    it might just not be re-indexing pages that are already indexed. What you can try to do as well is create a (new, if you already have one) sitemap and submit that to Google. Make sure your update tags/frequencies in the Sitemap are right. Also, check your expires-header on your pages.

5. Taufires

Taufires The Young 'un

To be honest I think that this may be the problem. I submitted my site just before I did the SEO and I think I may of done it wrong. But I can't be to sure as I don't have any real experience in website and website design.

So I'm going to have to do it again, but this time I'll try and do it properly. :p

6. Anarki

Anarki CULV fan

Maybe you overdid it with the SEO and got some sort of penalty from Google, I've heard that happen before.

7. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Yeah... keyword Jamming, domain farming (i.e. hosting the same content on multiple domains), etc gets penalised. However, you can request a clear results, rectify your mistakes and have it be re indexed. Google is normally open to that.