1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Cell phone/4G issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Wicked_Sludge, 20 Jun 2013.

1. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

So my current phone is a Pantech Burst, which is an AT&T phone. It's unlocked and I am on T-Mobiles network. T-Mobile has started rolling out their new 4G LTE network in my area and it appears my phone doesn't communicate properly on the frequency that they are using. The problem is, the Burst auto-selects the fastest network which means it selects the LTE network but I can't use any of the phones cell functions (data doesn't work at all and texts seem to only work half the time).

I can manually select the regular 4G network, but it is extremely time consuming (taking about a minute to scan all available networks), and it only stays on the selected network for a matter of moments (20-30 seconds) before switching back to LTE.

So my hope is that rooting the phone will give me the ability to manually force the phone to stay on 4G so that I can use it again. What is everyones thought on this? I've never used a rooted Android product before so I don't know what it's like or what kind of options I'll have. The phone is currently running Android 4.0 under Pantechs skin.

2. rollo

rollo Modder

Most Locations are still not 4g compatible if your outside of the Major citys in USA or UK you will simply not get a 4g signal for your phone.

Also the orginal 4g bandwidth is a different bandwidth version than the next set of 4g that was made for sale in both the USA and UK so you may need a new phone.

For example the Iphone 5 will not work on any 4g network outside of Orange in the UK due to the Bandwidth been different to what the phone can accept.

3. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

Sorry I guess my post wasn't clear enough. The phone works fine on T-mobiles regular 4G network. The trouble comes with the 4G LTE network. Anytime I am in range of a 4G LTE tower the phone tries to use the network but can't.

I can manually select the regular 4G network in settings but for some reason it only stays connected for a few seconds before switching itself back to the unusable LTE network.

I'm just hoping rooting will allow me to force it to stay on 4G, not LTE. Even if I could force it to stay on 3G that would be better than not being able to use the phone at all.