1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Chinese/Hong Kong batteries via ebay.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Xen0phobiak, 24 Nov 2007.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

My Dell Inspiron 8200 is in need of new batteries, I can get them from psaparts for about £75 each, delivered, but theres lots on ebay listed at £10-15 each, brand new, with about the same amount added on for delivery. So I could get both for about £35, however I don't know if they're any good.

Has anyone had any experience with such batteries?

2. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

They Li-ion? Do you really want to risk a cheap knock-off if they are? Or they legit just cheaper because all dells are made in China anyway?

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Yes they are Li-ion. I dont want to risk it if they're knockoffs.

Hence my question :).

4. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I had an ebay battery replacing the piece of crap in my old piece of crap cell phone, and it worked fine. Granted, if that thing combusted I'd have been happy (unless it was in my pocket at the time, but that's no different than a laptop being on my lap), but it was fine. Actually, I have a couple of generics for my camera as well, which also work fine.

Check the seller history, for a start.

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

A good, reliable seller with decent feedback should do you fine for replacement batteries - I got one for my iRiver a few weeks ago, and it's amazing compared even to a new standard one (this is an uprated version). I'll have a look to see if the seller I used has any laptop batteries. :)

Tags: