1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chipped xBox help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by stevie1556, 4 Apr 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stevie1556

stevie1556 What's a Dremel?

Hi guys, just wondering if someone could help me out. I got an xBox (first one) last night for £50 includin 2 controllers and 5 games, bargin!

But here is my problem:

My nephew who is 6 will be playing on it when he comes over, and if the discs have the same fate as his PS2 discs, they will get badly scratched.

My solution:

To get my xBox chipped with these: http://www.kanection.co.uk/product.php/456/27//e07417f2bda67d61235dfd3596038572

This way I can make a back up copy of the game while keeping the originals safe in the boxes. However, I know you can get a bigger hard drive installed into the xBox, as it uses just a standard 3.5" IDE hard drive. I also know it is possible to transfer the game discs onto the hard drive, which would allow for much faster loading of games, but would that option only become availible after having the mod chip is installed?

2. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

Yes, you have to have a chip installed to run games off your hdd. But i think there is a way arround that by using an exploit, but you need access of another chipped xbox. Your better off to buy a chip, and get a bigger standard ide hdd.

3. stevie1556

I thought the xBox may have 2 be chipped first but I wasn't sure. I was thinking about getting a 160gb hard drive in it for games. I'll be ordering the chip and a new hard drive on tuesday next week ready for a wednesday delivery

4. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

Yeah, it needs to be chipped first because you need to use its formatting and ftp features to install the hdd.

5. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You can do something called a TSOP flash, IMHO, these are only useful on very old XBOXs (v1.0/1.1) as they have solder in the main area you need which is awkward to get rid of. The TSOP flash requires a specific copy of a game (hard to get hold of) and a cable.

They are awkward to do, but chips IMHO like the Xecuter 2.6 are the best way, I've personally set up lots and they are easy enough to install, it can all be done over the network.

7. stevie1556

Thanks for the info and help guys. I'll check out that link now.

So can I get an ethernet cable with RJ45 connectors on and connect it to my netgear router to link it to my pc?

Also, could I connect to the xBox live service using my router?

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

You can connect to XBL using your router anyway, with a chip though it may ban your XBOX, only original games can be used to connect and the chip needs to be off.

9. mushky

mushky gimme snails

This thread is a blatantly against the rules, regardless of how innocent it may actually be. Xbox-scene has everything you need to know.

good luck mate :)

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

As said ^^.

Mind the doors.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.