1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Chrome browser - saved password issue

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by phinix, 6 Jul 2016.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I know you cannot save manually a password, but it supposed to ask on each site if you want to save password or not.
    Except https of course.

I have one page I want to save password for and it doesn't ask me..
    It's not saved not to ask me, it's not saved in saved list, it's not https page..

What could I do?

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

As far as I'm aware, Chrome should prompt to save the password for any site - even ones connected via TLS (which all sites requesting authentication should be using.) Sites can, however, block the use of in-browser password managers using the autocomplete="off" option in the form. Check the source code for the affected site: if autocomplete="off" is in there, that's yer problem.

3. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Thanks. I checked the source, form doesn't have that param.
    I know I had it there in the past, but not anymore.
    Weird one.

4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Next test: install a different browser and see if that prompts to save your password on that site. If it does, it's Chrome that's at fault and you may need to reset your user profile; if it doesn't, the site's at fault.

Alternatively, try using a guest account within Chrome - though using an entirely different browser is more thorough.