1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Chrome gets speed boost

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 May 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

Yay! This version works in the Windows 7 RC. I couldn't get the previous one to function.

3. hodgy100

hodgy100 Minimodder

awesome ill have to download if it works in Win 7 :D

4. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I love chrome, but I can't use it. For one reason.

Let's say that I open three tabs. Sometimes, one tab will decide to take forever to connect for no reason. None of the other tabs will finish loading until the slow tab finally connects.

Not sure why it does this.

5. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Surely this is flash or someting as each chrome tab is supposed to be a seperate process?

6. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I'm not sure what the cause of it is, but as a result, I can't use chrome.

7. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

I suffer the same problem sometimes, but I thought it was a result of my flaky internet connection. It never occurred to me it might be the browser, I'll have to go back to using Firefox for a while to see if that's any better and the browser is the problem, because it's damn annoying when it does happen.

8. Vigilante

Vigilante What's a Dremel?

Try the Dev channel?

The Stable releases are actually released very slowly considering the development speed of the Chromium team. Ive been able to use Chrome on Windows 7 since build 6801 back last august - you just needed to set it to the Dev branch (prebeta) using the Channel Changer. I use the pre-hourly builds from Chromium, and I'm currently using 2.0.182.0 (16780).

I love chrome, and now that "real" addon support is being implemented, it should be able to satisfy even some of the more ardent Firefox users. Or maybe not ;)

9. Mach1.9pants

Mach1.9pants What's a Dremel?

I am giving it a go but it is still missing many FF features. The add blocking is still not as good as ad block.
    The main reason I have kept away is that on one of the forums I frequent a lot when replying (and you delete and paste etc in the reply) the text becomes corrupt. Not what is posted but what it displays that you have written before you submit... makes it totally un-usable.

10. alpaca

alpaca llama eats dremel

i tried using chrome for a wile, but it kept crashing on me. and it took ages to load on my netbook. i recently switched to K-meleon. so far i like the browser. it is fast and simple. anyone with experience?

11. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Hasn't crashed yet, which is something I found the previous version did fairly consistently on specific sites. Not really noticed a massive speed increase yet but seems decent enough to keep it as my primary browser.

12. Saivert

Saivert Minimodder

Meanwhile Firefox is improving as well. And Firefox 3.5 beta 4 is really fast. So I don't think those "ardent" Firefox users will change to Chrome any time soon.

Tags: Add Tags