1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Planning Chroming and Gold plating?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Mojo, 11 Aug 2017.

1. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Hello guys and girls...

Does anyone on the forum do chroming? and gold plating? or know where to go which isn't going to cost loads?

I've got some bits of a project I've been working on. They're made of steel which had been polished up but as inevitably would happen.. they've started to rust. i've tried waxes and the like have now given up.. so looking to have them chromed or plated to stay shiny.

And then on the same project.. just a couple of very small bits to be gold plated.. but as these will be in your eye line i don't think vinyl wrapping them etc.. would work.

Any ideas?

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Chilled PC contract out Chrome plating. The blocks I had done had a thick plating but an uneven finish (think drips). For protection more than adequate for looks look elsewhere.

Renaissance Wax is a pretty good preservative. I used to use it a lot until I developed an allergy to one of the ingredients.

3. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

It'll be a piece on show in the boot of a car, unfortunately.. and since it's got some significant kit... I want it to look the best it can be :)

Last years effort. Loosing the carpet and orange.. and garish badges.. and will be changing for dark wood and carbon inserts.

[​IMG]

and the stuff i wanted sorting :)

[​IMG]

4. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I suppose powder coating isn't an option as they're on view?

5. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

I could powder coat them.. but the fuse block is aluminium.. so when polished comes up very shiny.. and powder coated chrome is a bit dull