1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Civilization 3?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Yo-DUH_87, 7 Mar 2002.

1. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Anyone play Civ 3?? That has to be the best game I've seen in quite a while!! I've won several times, and I am now trying to beat england and france (germany bit the dust decades go!!).

Signing out...

2. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

yeah ive played its ok not the best game its cool though

3. Yo-DUH_87

I like it, but I agree. Ive seen better (not many, though).

How far did you get on the ranking bar (I got Abe Lincon the conquer;))?

Signing out...

4. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

the rest of the games in the series are waaaay better in my opinion!

my fav still has to be civ 2, dunno why, just is :D

5. Yo-DUH_87

I think that Civ 3 is a bit too complicated, especally after Civ 2!!

I still like Civ 2, and play it regularly on my older (more like ancient) laptop.

Never played Civ 1, I heard it was sold on 3.5 discs :)

Signing out...

6. stewe151

stewe151 Stress Personified

I love it, but it gets boring after a while. Thats when i found trainers. Remember, in war there's no such thing as cheating.

7. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

i played civ 1, and yes it came on 3.5 floppies!!!!!

civ 1 rules as much as civ 2, just doesnt have the same graphix.

lost days of my life playing both of them!

8. brianpodskalny

brianpodskalny ladies night!

very little was changed from civ2 to civ3 i think. ive played all of the civ series like a fiend, even that POS Call to Power thing that they tried a few years back.

they are all great i think. civ 2 is still a great game, in civ 3 its pretty much like civ 2 only prettier (and with the addition of better AI and territory lines)

gotta love the way they simplified trade in civ3 though. gawd i hated doing that in civ2.

9. Yo-DUH_87

Civ 3 improved the AI, and the interface. But, they also removed some features I liked (like the scantly clothed diplomats!). But, that is a little price to pay for the better gameplay.

The Civ 2 AI was sad, the engineers were quite mentally incapable, the enemy was a little worse than the engineers, and the graphics could have used improvement.

One of the major improvements in Civ 3, is that they split the engineer into the worker and the settler. That way, you don't have automated workers starting their own cities (Yes, it has happened to me too!!). Declaring war is a whole lot easier too (hehe, my favorite statement: "This means war, fool!" ;))

Signing out...

10. stewe151

my favorite was civ call to power.

11. Yo-DUH_87

I never got to try that one. What was it about?

12. stewe151

basically the same as all the other civs, but much easier user interface. and it let you go into the future, build space cities and underwater cities. civ 3 stops at the present.

13. ToM

ToM mmmm, blud

call to power isnt a real civ game tho, imho, beings it wasnt made by good ol sid!

alpha centauri was a good game as well, prolly my 2nd fav, civ 2 being the first, and civ 1 being the third

14. therider

therider What's a Dremel?

Civ3 is a great game. But any sequal to civ is gonna be great. I remember Civ1 who doesn't my first pc game!

Played, Railroad tycoon? it was a fave of the time.

sid meier the legend.

ride

15. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

where can i get a civ 3 trainer??? im fed up of only getting so far by 2050 :( plus i ALWAYS loose fights against an enemy (real enemy, not tribes) its DAMN frustrating! Anyone know how i can play >2050??

I just got it last nite and played it from 11-4am, then 1pm-11 this eve :eek: and im bored with it now cause i just keep loosing battles, whatever the unit, whatever the terrain.

16. Yo-DUH_87

Search google: Civ 3 trainer or Civ 3 cheats, bro! You'll find something!

I liked railroad tycoon too!! It is a Kool game!!

I also play Age of Empires 1 and 2, shows you what kind of gamer I am.

:idea: HINT: Advance to the next techs as fast as you can, then you get better units faster! The Persians are good, as you start with imortals (good units!). The Amercians special unit is the F-15, and you don't get it until late in the game.

Ok, enough for now :hehe:

Signing out...

17. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Goggle:

Your search for civ 3 trainer did not return any results.
    and
    Sexy Thong Bikini Newsletter, Join Free Now!
    As a member of our new service you will receive Hot Models in your email box daily. NEVER A CHARGE - It's 100% FREE!

hmm....

I used to play Transport Tycoon on my 486 - twas a great game, hours of fun :D:D
    I always play Zulu cause u get impis v. early on and they are pretty unstoppable if u can make enough of em early enough.

18. corvette

corvette What's a Dremel?

whats the point on useing cheats i mean man it takes all the point out of the game i clocked it in 12 hours nonstop got a full tech graph full every thing no cheats it was much harder and more enteraining then with out the cheat

19. Yo-DUH_87

Cheasts do take some fun out of the game, and I don't use them. There is a save game editor out there, I even downloaded it. I'll try to find the address (even though, you'll lose intrest in the game). It can crash your computer, though :hehe:

The "Tycoon" series is a great bunch of games! I've played almost all the newer ones (newer than 1999).

Signing our...

20. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Well i conquered one race without the trainer - totally killed it with musketmen :D then i went on todo 2 at once (2nd one with the trainer) with the jap samurais :D

Now ive got to kill them germans and english, then take the americans :unsure: who are v. big also :worried:

Tags: