1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cases CM Stacker 830 evo vs. ATCS 840

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SquattingDawg, 27 Sep 2009.

1. SquattingDawg

SquattingDawg What's a Dremel?

So I been looking to buy one of these two for a while because they're big (fit the new ATi 58** cards) and are said to have great cooling. I plan on keeping the case for many upgrades if PC components don't get too massive, and at some point in the future, would like to watercool my rig.

So with those things in mind, which case is better? It seems like the ATCS would win with WC'ing in mind but if I never get around to that, would the 830 evo be better?

Also, both cases are the same price right now on newegg

2. earlydoors

earlydoors Minimodder

Can't speak with too much authority about either, but the ATCS 840 has long been an object of desire for me...

It's big, quiet, elegantly designed, and a reasonable air cooler - but not a great one - is what I gathered from reviews. Definitely a case to keep for a long time. I hear there were problems with the wiring on the front switches and also the panels were a little on the thin side.

The Lian-Li PCP80 Armorsuit was also a tugging at my pursestrings - maybe another time...

I'm glad that I didn't buy either at the time I was in the market as the ATCS 840 came down from about £200-£220 to about £160-£170 in the space of a couple of months - and the Lian Li's remained expensive

I went with an Antec 300 in the end!

3. Kyocera

Kyocera The Garden of Evil

I'm also looking at the ATCS 840 since the Fortress02 got delayed and is uncertain, if it will accommodate the new GeForce Gt300 cards.

The problem is the GPU cooling.

Reading now the test of the 120cm ventilators, it occurred to me, to solve the issue by mounting the PSU at the top and placing two Scythe Gentle Typhoon D1225C12B4AP-14 at the bottom of the case.
    Who knows if Bit-tech is willing to give it a try? :hehe: :hehe:

4. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Got the stacker 832 and it would take a lot for me to change it. there is only one case I would change it for and thats the new Corsair 800hhdd