1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Peripherals CM Storm Sentinal??

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Feyd, 11 Jun 2010.

1. Feyd

Feyd What's a Dremel?

Was after advice on the CM Storm Sentinal Gaming mouse. The CPC review was really good for it but was looking for more recommendations or critique.

2. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

I got one and I can tell you the things I like and don't like.

Pros:
    5600 DPI
    Cool lights and OLED screen
    Scroll wheel is quiet
    Comes with replacement feet
    Rubber doesn't peel off unlike my Logitech G9
    Has weights
    Cheap!!! by comparison at least

Down sides:
    -The rubber is smooth and less grippy than my G9 + the right side of the mouse doesn't have much contour so it tends to slip on one side when lifting

-Though the mouse claims very small liftoff distance which I don't doubt. Lifting the mouse would always produce a consistent large downward dip in the cursor, larger than my G9 with a higher lift off distance.

-The top thumb button is a bit far

Neutural Opinions:

-The mouse is more narrow than my G9 so I can't grip it as tightly.

-The mouse sensor isn't really that much more accurate. All that DPI and dual sensor marketings gimmick is only really marketing gimmick.

-Needs a case for the weights. My G5 and G9 came with one but this one didn't but I guess im being picky and expected one.

The mouse is alright. It can certainly compete with other top end gaming mice. I particularly like the different color LED display.

3. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I have my Sentinel since September and it work fine, the captor doesnt skip when I have to move fast and keys are not broken. So I can tell its not a cheap one, even if the price is cheap. I especialy like the fact that I can Upload my tag on the mouse.

[​IMG]

PS: Who care about the 5600 PPI ? You cant use it anyway, Its like driving an NSX on a icy lake.

Last edited: 11 Jun 2010
  4. Rofl_Waffle

Rofl_Waffle What's a Dremel?

I like my mouse extremely slippery so I can react quicker, and never have to lift my mouse which is slow and inaccurate. Though 5600DPI may be a bit too much, I used around 4000DPI on a 2560x1600 screen so there are pixels to match.

Its more about preference than being useless.

5. EvilMerc

EvilMerc Minimodder

I've got one and it's pretty good, not a massive fan of the shape though but that may be just me.

I have two big bug bears with it though:
    1. The scroll wheel doesn't have as defined notches as I'd like; as a result it can slip onto the next notch without your intention.
    2. I have a Razer Goliathus mouse pad; it's a fabric one and the mouse has a severe issue with it. The teflon pads underneath are huge and are very effective when it comes to making it slide around. When used on this mouse pad it still slides around and tracks perfectly well, however it has an issue when clicking. Due to the placement of the teflon pads then entire mouse rocks slightly leading to a movement of the cursor on screen. Not only does this make double clicking slightly annoying in Windows as it doesn't always work, it also makes sniping in games a PITA as the crosshair moves as soon as you click. It's especially bad using something like an assault rifle on semi-auto with a scope and trying to pop off several shots in quick succession, your aim goes wild very quickly due to it.

As a result; I can recommend it if you use a hard surface, otherwise I'd go for a Razer (my old Copperhead is perfect on the mouse mat and I LOVE its clickwheel.)

6. TheBlackSwordsMan

TheBlackSwordsMan Over the Hills and Far Away

I use it with a Razer Sphex (Hard surface) so I dont have any trouble with dust blocking the sensor.

7. Feyd

Feyd What's a Dremel?

It's important it be good for sniping, but I use the surface of my desk so shouldn't be a problem. I could get a logitech to go with my G15 keyboard?