1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows CoD4: Martyrdom perk

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 4 Jan 2008.

1. Overlord

Overlord What's a Dremel?

Martyrdom is a wasted perk tbh, if you cant hear the grenade drop and run way there is something wrong. I find the grenade launchers to be completely annoying

2. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

There are lots of servers which have banned the grenade launcher, it's just finding them which is the problem.

Incidentally, does anyone else think the server browser is awful?

3. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

I think it should refresh itself whenever you leave a server and come back to it, infact even when you first load the game, it doesn't refresh, you still have to click... Also what's the difference between 'quick refresh' and 'refresh list'?

I do however like the fact that if you organise it by map, it will also organise it by lowest ping for each map at the same time.

4. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

The server browser could use some tweaking. It's good, but there is definitely better out there. I got an awesome game save last night and it sucks I didn't have FRAPS running, but we were on pipeline and I was sniping (yeah I am one of those guys) and we were playing S&D. Well it came down to me and 2 other guys on the other team, I could see the bomb site so I had it covered if they came by. Well the idiots were coming in single file. I dropped the first guy with a HS, and his team mate had no clue where it came from (I play Hardcore only. I can't stand the radar, plus the XP is better). He ducks behind the bomb site and I can see he is trying to arm the bomb. I steady my shot and I send a bullet into the very top of his head (all I could see). Little did I know he was not but a second away from planting the bomb. It was intense.

Despite the Martyrdom perk and random BS head shots, I'm pretty sure the only game that I have found close to being as fun is Crysis. Crysis' MP is fun, but this blows it out of the water. I don't see how they can top this with CoD5 if it ever comes out.

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

Headshot aren't really random in this game. If you headshot someone, it's either because you were aiming at the head and hit on the first bullet, or because you were spraying someone for a while and finally hit the head. The latter is okay because the spray would have killed the enemy anyway...

As for martyrdoom, I don't know about xbox players, but on the PC it's , most of the time, easily avoidable. Of course I do die often because of that stupid perk, but 70% of the time I manager to just run away or turn a corner in time. However, I bet it must be hard for xbox players to make a 180° and run away. But shall that be a lesson. Play FPS's on the PC :D

6. mushky

mushky gimme snails

The xbox controller has been implemented really well in cod4. The sensitivity turned up to max is very good.

7. automagsrock

Oh yeah avoiding the martyrdom grenade is easy, there's just times when it is un-avoidable. And with the whole HS issue, I have watched 3 bullets hit the dude in the head (with the resulting big red splatter) and they manage to still some how kill me me one shot (as evidenced on the servers that run kill cam). I know it's just the way things work, but sometimes it seems like you die for stupid reasons.

I'm pretty sure last night was the worst martyrdom kill I've ever seen. There was 5 of us holding an HQ and 3 guys rushing towards us. One of us was taken down and in the midst of the gun fight no one noticed the grenade that he had dropped when he died...

8. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

So to summarise this thread, we all hate getting killed by weapons we don't like or techniques we don't use. But we don't mind so much, when we kill other people using the same methods. :duh:

My gripe is that I go to the trouble of completing a challenge and I am awarded a new camo-scheme for a rifle. Big f*cking wow.

9. PabloTeK

PabloTeK Madness in a Jar.

I've found a lot of the promotions I've had recently have unlocked only more challenges if anything interesting, I'd have thought they'd have included a more even spread of weapons as they come in chunks at a time, such as around ranks 30-40.

10. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

Has anyone noticed that if you are shot just after you press the 'throw grenade' button you pull the pin then die and no grenade is dropped on your corpse. I personally feel that is the only way a grenade should be dropped on death but it just doesn't happen.

11. JoeJones

JoeJones What's a Dremel?

Just a sidenote...make sure you backup your progress data.

I lost 17hrs worth of play (not much so quite lucky) and had got up to rank 34 after a bad crash on exiting a game corrupting the data.

Data of interest
    Code:
    {install directory of game}\players\profiles\{name}\mpdata

12. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

Someone has even written a program to make this easy.

13. automagsrock

Good catch Joe. I had a friend on xbox LIVE that that happened too. Just hit 55, and not hes back down to a 43. He's a tad pissed off :p Someone my brother knows had his profile reset all the way back to a level 1. Can't imagine he's too excited.

14. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

I only get mad at martyrdom players because there are so many better perks they could be using that improve how effective a killer you are, rather than adding a coin toss for an extra kill on every death.

15. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Like the dead silence perk, possibly the best thing in the game.

How many hours of gameplay did it take for everyone to become level 55?

16. automagsrock

Took me 1d 5h and some change to hit 55.

17. G0RD0N FAN

G0RD0N FAN Jeff Gordon #24

I dont remember how long it took me to get to 55. It seems I was there before I knew it. I am working on all of the other challenges and still have a few to go.

18. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

Probably 20 total hours? Not sure. Now I'm working on challenges, but not the gun challenges. (golden ak? who cares?) I'm working on the weird ones. Oddly, I still haven't gotten one from the very beginning: "Goodbye: Fall 30ft or more to your death."

19. Fishlock

Fishlock .o0o.

Get yourself on Bloc, and jump from the second floor! :clap:

20. knuck

knuck Hate your face

i wonder if it's the same on the 360 as it is on the pc (assuming you play on the 360) because it took me about 2 weeks and I am no noob (but I don't have much time to play either)

Tags: