1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics coded radio trigger

Discussion in 'Modding' started by RaptorRed, 20 Feb 2004.

1. RaptorRed

RaptorRed New Member

Hey there peeps i am looking to build a devive similar to that used in the top of the range mercedes models, instead of keys they have a small credit card sized device which the car sees as it aproaches and allows the door to be oppened. Basically i want this for my pc so i can set it up downstairs and when I walk in the door it sends signal upstairs and switches my pc on. Any ideas on how to do this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Raptor out.

2. Megadoomer

Megadoomer New Member

now did you want to just walk and have it detect you or did you want to push or switch something? that can make a big difference in what you do...the thing with the car is good for a car but probably not very practical for a computer...you could have a power switch by your door so when you walk by you can turn it on and by the time you get to your computer it will be on...dunno if thats what you want but it will get the job done

3. RaptorRed

RaptorRed New Member

I want it to detect, at the front door of our house and send signal upstairs as i have a promie cooled rig it takes some time to power up and i could use the system for ther things, ie the other people in the house could have individaul cards to do things they want.

4. TheAnimus

TheAnimus Banned

Hey
    Couple of ideas jump at out me, first is what type of detection?

I've never had a chance to play with those high end merc keys (joys of been a impoverished student, who belives the only thing a mercadies has is a door handle to urinate on :sigh: ) But are you wanting your remote to be powerless?

If so you will need a swipe style entry thing, there are loads of these, from the iButtons, to erm, well not many brands as distinc as the iButton if you look on RS you will see the hudge range.

If you want an "active" transmitter, then the keyloque things from microchip are very good, and there is a dev kit you can sample for free :)

5. RaptorRed

RaptorRed New Member

remote to be un-powered and not swipe just kept in pocket aand sensed as i walk through doorway.

6. Lynx

Lynx New Member

Search google for RFID that should be what you want.