Case Mod - In Progress Codename: Poison Apple

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by seanhawkins, 16 Aug 2010.

1. seanhawkins

seanhawkins Aluminium Soldier

Hey guys (and girls I guess...)

As you will probably be able to tell I am new to case modding (and building PC's altogether),

So going with my family's tradition of jumping in at the deep end (usually rushing (thankfully I didn't inherit that trait :) ) I will be modding a Power mac G5 case.

Why the G5?
    I have always liked the industrial feel of aluminium and in my opinion only apple have managed to tap into the beauty of it although it can be improved. (hence why i'm writing this :p .)

So hopefully if all goes well I will further improve on the design of the power mac.

Currently (i'm not gonna lie.) I have no tools, no parts and no case. :wallbash:

So, why did you start the thread?
    I am really thinking this through and designing using Google sketch up 7, everything from the backplate the amount of expansion ports and even the colour scheme plus, I want to get some anticipation going :hehe:

What parts/tools are you getting?
    1. 1x Working power mac G5.
    2. 1x Torx screwdriver set.
    3. 1x Dremmel.
    4. 1x Set needle nosed files.
    5. A lot of aluminium.
    6. A lot of that metal putty sticky stuff (filler I think it's called?). :hehe:
    7. A crap load of paint and primer.

BE PATIENT I AM AT SCHOOL AND ONLY GET £30 A MONTH (So this could take a while? :sigh:)
    I am looking for a job to do to get some more money so dont worry!!! :p

2. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

interesting
    but i believe that in the rules if you start a thread in the project logs you MUST have pics
    HOWEVER!
    you can start this thread in the modding section and put a planning tag on it
    then when you get the case and start to make a cut
    you could post it back over here
    but i get the idea of the name
    thats pretty slick
    do you have a better logo?
    maybe make a polished black apple to kinda represent the poison
    maybe a black prismatic color
    all kinds of ideas are abound on the subject