1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Command and Conquer: Remastered Collection Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 18 Jun 2020.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

This is one of the best efforts I've seen out of EA since... well, probably since C&C3.

I definitely hope they do a Remaster of Tib Sun and RA2. C&C3 doesn't really need one, since it's still able to hold up graphically... and frankly RA3 was such a steaming pile of poo it would be better left forgotten.

I blew through the GDI campaign the first weekend I had it - either I remembered the maps without realising it, or it was a lot easier than I remembered... because levels I remember having to redo dozens of times to get right I breezed through barely trying. That said, I totally ballsed up the Funpark levels... and managed to completely screw myself several times in the Allied campaign levels...

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I have some fond memories of C&C. Especially multiplayer, kicking my friends ass all night long. Eventually I got into "modding" and had a great time adding things like long range rockets to the artillery pieces. Good times.

4. hamza_tm

hamza_tm Modder

Lol you reminded me of the infamous rules.ini that came along with Red Alert!

I fondly remember setting small power plants to ridiculous amounts of power so I’d only ever have to build one. The AI never bothered building those, which helped in my quest to vanquish said AI repeatedly.

And the map editor was great. Stocking fancy jewelled minerals everywhere..

goldstar0011 likes this.
  5. moullas

moullas What's a Dremel?

I still play skirmishes on RA2 on my Win10 machine.
    Modify ra2.ini (or ra2md.ini for Yuri's revenge), set your resolution.... boom! instant view of the whole battlefield! Because everything is made smaller, everything still looks sharp and nice.

chrisb2e9 likes this.
  6. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

I think rules.ini still works just need to put it in the right folder

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Correct. There was no equivalent to rules.ini for Tiberian Dawn, although it appears one enterprising individual has managed to put something similar together. (Not tried it yet, though...)

Tags: Add Tags