1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company of Heroes

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 6 Oct 2006.

1. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Just finished the campaign - absolutely brilliant game indeed! Managed to put everything up enough for it to all look great and got thoroughly addicted :D Vehicle AI is a minor niggle but will hopefully be patched soon enough.

I'm guessing there's gonna be an expansion at some point, based on the slightly slim evidence that the campaign menu has a drop-down menu to select what campaign you want to play. I can't wait!

2. 13000

13000 Banned

I bought the game when it came out, and thought it was a bit crap tbh, played the first 4 missions I think and never touched it since.

3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I still have random crashing errors. I'm on mission 3 I think, the one where you have to defend Carentan and the music keeps playing, the mouse keeps moving but the display locks up, i.e. moving the mouse pointer to the sides doesn't move the screen. Eventually, it locks up with a blue screen. bah :(

4. 13000

13000 Banned

Latest patch kenco?

5. Tim S

Tim S OG

The latest patch is a LOT better.

6. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

Yup, 1.4 or 1.04 whatever it is, I'm assuming that's the latest patch. Drivers are up to date. I managed to complete that mission, then started the next and mid-way through it did the same again. It can't be overheating surely? Gfx card (7900gtx) is at stock with plenty of air circulating through the case. I've installed Speedfan and Samurise to see if anything out of the ordinary happens next time I give the game a chance.

I've got everything switched on and on their highest settings in the graphics settings within the game, I'm wondering if turning some of these down would affect it? It seems strange that it'll play for a while (it did so for about 2 and a half missions-worth) then crash out. Plus the fact that it's a 7900gtx, I bought it so I wouldn't have to worry too much about taking any graphics settings down on recent games.

Fixed.. turned write combining off

Last edited: 16 Dec 2006
  7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I've been playing CoH virtually non stop for 9 hours now and I have to stop as my butt starts to hurt too much. I haven't played RTS-games too much, but this one hooked me right from the beginning.

Whan an excellent xmas-present for a gamer ;)

Tags: Add Tags