1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [Complete with inside pics] ASSASSIN'S CREED MOD - Mod Of The Month May 1st Place

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Sanjaya, 3 Apr 2015.

1. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thank you Icelander. it was the hardest to do

2. Arcis Modz

Arcis Modz What's a Dremel?

looking good bro.

3. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thank You bro :D

4. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Top Panel and Mytery box

Hi Guys, Back with another update, My final exams are coming up, so i have to finish the build log within this month and concentrate on studies, I'll get back to a new build after August :)

So this update is about the top panel and the mysterious parcel I got from mail.
    I decided instead of replacing the top panel with a fixed panel, it would be better to place the acrylic design over the top mesh, but there was one problem...

[​IMG]

The evil hex design blocking all of my light and ruining the designs of the acrylic :miffed:
    so i went on and took it apart piece by piece :dremel: (very dramatic yeah ;) )

[​IMG]

and it was just as I wanted, the depth of the frame was 5mm, perfect for my LED fitting
    [​IMG]

Sooooo Now the Lights are much visible :D
    [​IMG]

Then I glued on the acrylic designs to the top with Epoxy and Glued LEDs around the frame as well. I used a similar contact system that I showed in the last episode to make the top panel easily removable

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the mean time I received a call from the postal office saying I got a parcel :rolleyes: hmm what might that be.....
    Oh wait it's from Taiwan.....
    [​IMG]

I should mention about the packing first, oh boy it was packed with several layers of bubble wrap to make sure the things inside can sleep safe and sound.

So what was inside??????
    OFC they were the sexy AVEXIR Blitz 1.1 Gaming Red 16GB kit ... and The box they were really looked like a gift box, here are some nice pics of em.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the next update (21/06) I will open the other mystery box and we will focus on the internal mods :)

5. _TechPuppet_

_TechPuppet_ What's a Dremel?

That top panel.. :jawdrop:

6. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thank You TechPuppet :rock:

7. abbas-it

abbas-it We came, we saw, we mod, you awe!

:clap:damned, how did i miss this one, wtf, is damn awsome. i only use handmade and no laseer cnc etc.. but this is great stuff you are doing, cant wait so see more.

8. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

wow we are posting on each other's threads at the same time lol. :D m not that talented or experienced enough to do it with hand. i wish i had that good skills to carve out an intricate design like tht. Thanks a lot Abbas :)

9. jones-965

jones-965 Modding & tuning

Great work. Nice! :)

10. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thanks a lot Jones :)

11. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Impressive! :jawdrop:

12. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Thank You Perplekks :) more coming up :)

13. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Unboxing EK Kit and Making Mobo Cover

Hi Guys, back with an update, This is mostly the unboxing of the second mystery box and making the motherboard cover,
    So what was in the second mystery box I got from DHL? Let's have a look

[​IMG]

Oh ok it's from EK.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The EK-KIT L240 that EK gave me for this build. Let's take it out of the box and see what's inside
    Again I should mention the quality of packing, and this EK kit is well packed for safety of the products and they are actually inside individual boxes inside this box

[​IMG]

Let's take a look at the EK-XRES DCP 2.2 combo, this is the pump and the res for this kit.
    It's in a well designed box, first it's covered with a sleeve

[​IMG]

remove the sleeve there's the box
    [​IMG]

Open it up and there's the installation manual
    [​IMG]

Flip that cover and the Pump Res Combo and the accessories are inside protected by sponge underneath, and inside separate plastic packets
    [​IMG]

and finally the mounting brackets below the sponge to make sure they dun scratch the pump.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same goes for the EK-Supreme LTX UNI CSQ (2013)
    Sleeve
    [​IMG]

Box
    [​IMG]

Open it up, and there's the mounting kit and the installation guide.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then there's the block and the thermal paste
    [​IMG]

Once again below the sponge (under the block) is the rear mounting bracket
    Here's the block
    [​IMG]

Unboxing the EK Coolstream PE 240 Dual Rad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inside the bubble wrap it's the Rad

[​IMG]

Then The EK Vader F3-120 fans, there are two of them for 240 Rad
    [​IMG]

They are not anything fancy, but top of the level high static pressure fans with 1850 RPM ( I won't be using them for the build)

[​IMG]

Last But not least the fittings and the EK Coolant Evo (concentrated)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So coming back to the modding part. Here, is the motherboard cover I made for the Gigabyte GA-H97M Gaming 3 mATX board. This one I made by laser cutting unlike in my previous mods.

Used red colour to add more detail to it.
    [​IMG]

Then I painted only the top with white so to leave little bit of red colour and also to be able to add LEDs in future if I want to. So, how it holds to the mobo is in the design, the tight fitting of it makes sure it doesn't fall after connecting all the components, specially the USB3 connector and 8 pin connector with make it fit , but just to make sure I used double side tapes in some places.
    (Note that I have painted the mobo as well which I will explain in next update)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 1 Jul 2015
  14. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Hi guys, Back with a new update, today's update is the painting of mobo and WC parts and modding of the Blitz mem modules.

So Ill start with the mobo paint, it was simple, cover the rest of the mobo with paper and tape, and first paint it with white then pain it with red (otherwise red will be too dark)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So after paining the motherboard, I took apart the EK Rad and other WC parts and painted them in White.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got made the extensions using pre-sleeved cables and this is the theme i wanted to go with. i wanted to bring out more white and little bit of red to go with the build
    [​IMG]

At the same time I bought the fittings for hard tubing, they are bitspower fitting, i wanted to get the small ones, but these were the only ones available.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now it's time to do the lighting work. added 6 red LEDs around the block as well, so now the block will glow as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the last step before assembling everything together. I wanted to make the Lighting of the Blitz memory to spread out evenly,
    so this is what I did
    [​IMG]

I did this to all 4 mem sticks, In the following video you can see the difference between the original (on top) and the modified (bottom) mem stick lighting.

15. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Adding Mayhem Blood Red

Since only one day left for MOTM voting to end.
    I would Like to take this chance to thank all of you who voted for this build and all the other beautiful builds.
    I would also like to thank CORSAIR for encouraging upcoming modders by sponsoring MOTM every month
    Also a big thank goes out to the crew at Bit-Tech.net for organizing such an event and also for nominating me.

Thank You Very Much
    Head over HERE if you haven't voted for your fav mod yet

A tiny update before final pics, I had a problem after this video, when I powered on the system I figured out that the mobo was faulty, so I had to send it for RMA.

SO after that only I repainted the block, painted the screw red and also changed the cable management a lil bit.
    Forgot to mention that bending tube was a pain in the ass coz the system was too compact, and also this is my first time doing a custom loop, didn't have a silicon tube, so instead i used a power cable to retain the cylindrical shape of the tube

So here's me adding Mayhem Blood Red to the loop.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2015
  16. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Hi Guys, Final Pics of the Build coming up this weekend :) stay tuned for one last update :)
    [​IMG]

17. Freebee

Freebee What's a Dremel?

sorry im a bit late on this one........

but EK vardar's... "nothing special"????:eeek:........ what rock have you been living under for the last few months... they happen to be the best performing radiator fan yet :thumb:... esp. in terms of noise to pressure... :rock:

yes the 1900 rpm versions will be a bit noisy, but all you need to do is turn the speed down...;)

18. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

Well it's my bad, but what i meant was in terms of the look, they dun look anything special or fancy.

Corrected it and also thank you for pointing that out

19. Sanjaya

Sanjaya Minimodder

20. Icelander

Icelander Minimodder

The lighting affect came out nice like you said it would :)