1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp Components help

Discussion in 'Modding' started by motas, 28 Mar 2010.

1. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Hi I'm designing a case and need some components. If there are any already posted could you please give me the link. Heres the list of stuff I'm trying to find:
    • Extended ATX motherboard tray with 10 expansion slots
    • Toolless hdd rack/5.25" rack
    • PSU bracket
    I think thats it but if theres anything else I need to design a case please post.
    Thanks for any help.

2. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

You could always buy a used case, or even trawl pc recyclers, etc. For about $10 or less, you'd have a case which contains everything you want, and you can have fun stripping it :dremel:

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

you won't find a 10 slot motherboard tray unless you go to mountain mods, so best make it yourself.

Finding E-ATX cases can be a sod as well,

4. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

I was actually trying to find models of these things. I plan to make it myself

5. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Didn't notice the thread tag :duh:

So do you want to scratch build the case irl?

If so, then it's probably easier and more accurate, to just draw everything from scratch in sketchup.

6. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Yer I'm going to build/get it built eventually. I don't really have anything to measure properly with or anything to measure thats why I was aksing (not laziness) the most important thing I need is the mobo tray because most of the rest I can find/draw. Thanks.

7. motas

motas What's a Dremel?

Just found out that my mobo uses the same holes as atx so I actually just need a wide atx tray. Anyone wanna help make my model look good? It's just the outside that needs doing and I'm not very creative so right now its just a box.