1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Computer keeps freezing during games

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AndyGoldie, 17 Jul 2011.

1. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

I labelled this under cooling because I can't see what else can be doing this.

Sometimes I can go a full day without my computer freezing, others, it's more common. I can only presume it's down to heating as it has been doing it since I got it. All drivers are up to date, the computer is almost dust free and I always keep the Graphics Card Drivers the newest version.

Here's my temperatures without playing a game.

[​IMG]

and this is it whilst playing SC2.

[​IMG]

any advice is heavily appreciated.

2. stefan442

stefan442 Minimodder

could be a bit of faulty ram. maybe set the ram back to default setting in bios and see if that helps. or test a stick at a time. But if its only now and again it may be a long process

3. AndyGoldie

AndyGoldie 60Hz for Streets, 144Hz for Sheets

if it was the ram wouldn't it affect the computer in general? if i don't play games for two days and leave my computer on for two days it's fine. just seems to be when the graphics card is getting a work out :worried:

4. moody89

moody89 Minimodder

That AUX temp looks a little on the high side. What is that sensor referring to? It could also be a PSU problem that only develops under high loads. What PSU are you using? How old is it etc.? If possible swap out the PSU with a known good unit to test.