1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Computer locking up

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by silk186, 21 Jul 2018.

1. silk186

silk186 Canadian

I read that 86 is the newer version (still receives updates) but wasn't sure if it is suitable for the BIOS. I watched a video and it seems it is fine to test both sticks at the same time and to test individually if it errors to determine stick or port. Half hour for 3 passes? So I guess about 2 hours for 6 passes on both sticks? I will run it when I go to bed tonight.

2. Pookie

Pookie So this is permanence, love's shattered pride.

To be fair my Hirens disc is an old version so go with the latest if you can, however it ran ok on a H370M with an i3-8100 so you should be fine. I'm old school and just stick with 1 module at a time, to be fair most of the time a bad module will error within the first minute :)

3. silk186

silk186 Canadian

I'm sure it would work fine for me, but you might want something newer for testing DDR4.

4. silk186

silk186 Canadian

@Pookie I didn't have time to run it longer. Next time I'm going to be away for the day I will try to run it from the night before until I get back. Sme suggest running up to 7 passes which would take 19 hours. I computer rarely sits unused for more than 7 hours as I work from home. Still, the memory doesn't seem to have any major problems.

New Doc 2018-08-11_1.jpg

5. Pookie

Pookie So this is permanence, love's shattered pride.

Based on that you can say the ram is fine.

silk186 likes this.